Why Sachin is a legend

CSK Fan

A bit more on the 153 and this time comparing it with the 387 we chased in Chennai. when BCL came into bat they needed 233 more and when SRT came into bat we needed 246 more. Now why is BCL's inngs more valuable ? Because wkts kept falling at the other end ? But wasnt staying till the end the more imp thing ? And what does that make of Sehwags inngs then ?
Why are Mcgrath, Gillespie, Warne and Co. better than Harmison, Anderson and Swann ? Why is it better to be the lone torch bearer and taking the team through with wickets falling constantly right to No. XI RATHER than coming in when someone ahead has crushed and demoralized opposition bowlers and then there another aggressive batsman for company ( Yuvraj ) who also does a bulk of the scoring ? Maybe you should study the 2 scorecards and watch that Barbados match to know what that was like, because it is fruitless explaining you anything.
watch at about 9:00 Healy dropping BCL .... similar to SRT during 136 except that there were no chances given.
Happens. But that is soon forgotten. Its the end result that matters. Gibbs dropped S Waugh..whose fault ? Razzaq also dropped SRT in that epic 2003 clash, whose fault ? The Wisden ratings are old now. They were released in sometime in 2002. I have no fricking doubt that Dravid's performance in Adelaide in 2004 is going to sit among the top few, if and when a new and updated rating is out.
you forget flintoff ... and you forget the fact that no one had ever made more than 270ish in the 4th inngs till then. regardless of who is bowling even 200 is very difficult to get in India. may be you should watch that 387 chase again ... you will then find out that Flintoff and Co arent Puzzies to be worried about a batsman who is back in the Pavillion and nearly 250 runs in the bank on 5th day.
whatever... facing Mcgrath and Gillespie on a Barbados pitch is very different from facing Flintoff in Chennai. Brian Lara had no support and scored half the runs himself. SRT scored less than 1/3rd.
Hypothetically speaking, lets say Ponting overtakes all of Tendulkar's achievements, do you think he will held in a higher regard than Sachin ? Probably not, numbers only tell half the story.
SRT's records are untouchable in ODIS. Ponting if you hear him ,is a test fanatic. He has already won 3 WCs and will retire from ODIS after next year and will focus solely on tests. The thing in his favour is that the SOB, is still extremely fit and hasn't had major injuries like SRT. Whether he has that final kick in him to get back into roaring form like SRT has post 2008 remains to be seen. If he does it will be nip and tuck between him and SRT in tests, which is why I don't want SRT to play shi..ty IPL and risk injury. It is a high injury risk and is not going to add anything to his career. Punter is eager to captain a victorious Ashes team in England in 2013. The thing with Australian teams apparently is that,captaincy and place in the side both get taken away together. You don't seem to find too many former captains in the side. Seen it with AB , Taylor, Waugh..and if captaincy is taken away from Ponting, he would probably be dropped fro m the side as well.
whatever... facing Mcgrath and Gillespie on a Barbados pitch is very different from facing Flintoff in Chennai. Brian Lara had no support and scored half the runs himself. SRT scored less than 1/3rd.
BTW if you think Yuvraj would have lasted the whole innings if Tendulkar wasn't at the other end you are again showing you know nothing. Again its more than numbers, please remember that
BTW if you think Yuvraj would have lasted the whole innings if Tendulkar wasn't at the other end you are again showing you know nothing. Again its more than numbers' date=' please remember that[/quote'] And would SRT have had the guts to do anything but bat for a tame draw if Veeru din't dig and hammer the England bowlers into submission in an attempt to chase an hitherto impossible target in the 4th innings in India ? Even the Pommies admitted that they could not get out of the Sehwag hammering which cost them the match.

seriously this is getting bored n tiring.. day in and day the same loser comes out and trolls every thrread slanging SRT... and why everyone feeding the troll?? SRT's greatness cant not be undermined by some noname trollls.. no matter wat he thinks, the world will see him differently.. he can go :finger: and this is my last post in this thread.. time to ignore this idiot.. pls dont quote this idiot again... i dont wanna see any posts of him.. kthxbye

And would SRT have had the guts to do anything but bat for a tame draw if Veeru din't dig and hammer the England bowlers into submission in an attempt to chase an hitherto impossible target in the 4th innings in India ? Even the Pommies admitted that they could not get out of the Sehwag hammering which cost them the match.
I'm not taking anything away from Sehwags innings or Yuvraj's innings as they both were quite brilliant. But since you're only looking at numbers and keep yapping on about how Lara's innings was better because he scored 5 more runs or whatever. You forget the impact Sachin has at the crease. About getting personal, I've seen your lack of respect for other posters, so don't suddenly act like a saint
No player other than Boss has been involved in the most matches, runs and 100's in tests+odis together at the same time even in cases like... http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=11;filter=advanced;orderby=runs;result=2;template=results;type=batting 237 matches. Hmm...here is a record that is as unbreakable as Bradman's average. I am certain that in my lifetime...this bold and daring new India( getting better each passing day), even with players with the longest career span won't end up with a such dubious distinction.
Did you read the OP or did it completely whizz past your head??