Team for Ahmedabad - 2nd Test

Absolutely' date=' how can any side claim to have 'revived' their fortunes after conceding over 600 runs in the 1st innings ? What did cricinfo expect ? India to declare 90 mins before close of play, with a lead of 200 and reduce the Saffies to 65/4 before close of play ? T'was never gonna happen.[/quote'] LOL!!! They call it "moral victory"
I wont judge any players on this track. Bolwers like RP and co had no chance. What is the track like for next match. Anything for bowleres? Whats recent history there? I would consider bringing chawla in for bhaji. Reason is chawala turns it which is something kumble and bhaji dont do
That aint happening buddy. Harbhajan just picked up 6 wickets in the match. There's no way the selectors will remove him.
how many 'raging' turners has one actually seen in india in the past 10 years? other than bombay against australia?
not many although I think that is a two fold issue, one we dont produce spin friendly wickets anymore period ... secondly most teams are no longer inept playing spin like in the past. Consequently, tracks which earlier might have resulted in really low scores dont do so anymore

well Ishant Sharma is obviously playing the second test. In yesterday's commentary, I think one of the commentators did say that Ishant is declared fit for the 2nd test. Now the question is if India is going to use Irfan and have 3 pacers. But drop RP Singh, hes not looking good at all.

Tendulkar should be rested for Ahmedabad http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/indvrsa/content/current/story/344516.html

Tendulkar missed part of the action on the first, second and fourth days as well. He was advised two-weeks rest after the Australia tour and the then physio, John Gloster, in his fitness report, warned against the injury entering a chronic phase. He fell for a duck here and India will hope he recovers in time for the Ahmedabad game which starts on April 3.
I don't think he has recovered fully as the problem has arisen again this test. If he does not recuperate fully and it enters into the chronic phase, this could shorten his career. What do you think? Should he sit out the next test?

Double blow Sachin out of 2nd test and useless KAIF called up! :angry_smile:WTF IS GOING ON! Not just a massive blow that sachin is ruled out through injury from the 2nd test but the CR#P KAIF is called up as replacement. I thought we had seen the last of this pile if cr#p. He cant even hold a bat properly. Selectors should resign on mass. I am fuming:angry_smile:

Batting order for 2nd test. (sans sachin) Now that tendulkar is officially ruled out for the next test, will the selectors promote VVS to no.4 (as we all have been hoping) and give yuvraj another chance at no.6 or Will they leave laxman to rot at his present position and bring in either gambhir or rohit sharma (is he in the squad?) at no.4. Rohit at no.6 doesn't seem to be a bad option too, but if the ahmedabad wicket takes spin then i would prefer gambhir. what do you think guys?