Team for Ahmedabad - 2nd Test

What is up with the uproar over Kaif's selection. 993 runs at 58.41 is fine form. The stats also do not show that he has peaked toward the end of the season; scoring runs in the Duleep Trophy. Having scored runs at Test level, we can be sure that he will not show himself completely out of his depth against South Africa either.

dsr, can u stop freakin being anti-kaif or anti muslim i must say.. pathan hater u r, now kaifr hater.. at topic, i am shocked Gambhir wasn't chosen over kaif.. Gambhir who was likely to be the 15ht member in the squad wasn't picked up to replace SRT.. this totaly sucks.. but anyway, no hard feelings for Kaif. i hope he makes everything out of this oppurtunity.. and stop calling it a double blow.. why do u want to make fun out of every player..

If Kaif plays I want him to fail for the future of indian cricket. I dont care what the match situation is and how deperate the team needs the runs. This pile of cr#p must not play for INDIA!
I have been thinking that Kaif was a fine player of Test cricket until he was moved aside to make place for Sourav. You think otherwise. Could you explain why you think he's such a bad player ?
Speaking of youngsters' date=' I'd like to see Rohit Sharma in the reserves. The sooner we groom him the better![/quote'] I am not too sure about that, Rohit Sharma had a poor FC season and I feel that, in India, batting well in FC cricket should be a prerequisite for Test selection. It is a shame that Indian domestic cricket has more 120kph bowlers than 130kph bowlers which would replicate international level more; but I feel that batting against bowlers of a lesser pace, to those who do not enjoy it, shows a level of concentration which should be a given for a Test middle order batsman.

chandan...posted some top performers of Domestic season of 2007-08.. i think Kaif was one of the top performers.. wonder how was the performance of BAdrinath last season... but i am sure as hell... Badrinath is way better a test player in terms of technique and temperament than useless UV.. Kaif is a fine player no doubt..and is one of the contender to fill the middle order VOID after FAB 3 retires..

What is up with the uproar over Kaif's selection. 993 runs at 58.41 is fine form. The stats also do not show that he has peaked toward the end of the season; scoring runs in the Duleep Trophy. Having scored runs at Test level' date=' we can be sure that he will not show himself completely out of his depth against South Africa either.[/quote'] Fack the FC stats. They dont prove jack. He is a proven non performer at international level. Whats FC stats dont show is that he cant grip the bat properly, has a stance of a 4th team club player, which as a result means his shots barely reach the boundary. He is rubbish. And will prove so again. There was a reason he got axed. The reason was he was mediocre. At least 10 to 15 better players. Gambhir, Sharma, Badrinath, Karthick, Patel, Kohli, Raina, Chopra and many othere are way better.