Sehwag OWNS Bradman...in the runs in his century.

amits

Sehwag OWNS Bradman...in the runs in his century.  

1. 1.

Well Amit has opened my Eyes.... :D .. do mods have access to transfer my vote to Viru...
I am also tempted to say that, but I dont think the comparison is fair. Its like saying that Today's Dragunov armed snipers are better fighters than the times of king Ashoka. The game has changed so much that a comparison is simply not possible.
                                            Waggy	DGB

Fastest Triple				Yes	No
Second Fastest Triple			Yes	No
Fastest 250				Yes	No
Overall Strike Rate			Yes	No
Run-a-ball Hundred			         Yes	No
Did not use Helmets 			No	Yes
Fielding Skills of Opposition		Yes	No
Faced bowlers with Sub 25 Bowling avg	Yes	No
Overall Batting Avg			No	Yes
Played in Subcontinent			Yes	No
Total					8	2

interesting Lets do this for ODIs Tendulkar vs Afridi Fastest 150- Tendulkar Fastest 100- Afridi Fastest 50- Afridi Higher SR- Afridi Higher average- Tendulkar Afridi wins 3-2 hence Afridi is a better ODI batsman.:--D
With the quality of bowling attacks that went around those days its not surprising at all ..... unless of course you rate the likes of Larwood and Co higher than Akhtar ' date= Gull , Asif , Blee , Saqlain, Steyn, Ntini etc ..... And did you know that during those days the field placements would barely change whether the batsman was in single digits or in triple digits ... forget about diving stops and all that ....
Not sure about that because 1- No other batsman in the Aussie team could average even HALF of what Bradman managed to do. Even the great English batsmen heck even the great English batsmen of the time(Hobbs and Hammond) averaged 40+ runs lower than Bradman. 2- England had numerous useful bowlers at the time, a LOT of them average under 30 and i am sure had it not been for Bradman they would have averaged in the low 20s.
Guest dada_rocks
interesting Lets do this for ODIs Tendulkar vs Afridi Fastest 150- Tendulkar Fastest 100- Afridi Fastest 50- Afridi Higher SR- Afridi Higher average- Tendulkar Higher no of runs - tendulkar Higher no of centuries- tendulkar Higher no of half century- tendulkar higher number of match winning knock' tendulkar Average in matches won- tendulkar I can just go on and on and on and make u look like a fool..:haha: Afridi wins 3-2 hence Afridi is a better ODI batsman.:--D
Higher no of runs - tendulkar Higher no of centuries- tendulkar Higher no of half century- tendulkar higher number of match winning knock' tendulkar Average in matches won- tendulkar
Curiously, all these seem to be absent from the Sehwag - Bradman comparison. Instead, we have things like "fastest triple", "second fastest triple", "fastest 250" etc - all extremely important when comparing Test batsmen.
Guest dada_rocks
Yeah like you see all these batsmen blaze away to a run-a-ball Test match triple .... like what ... erm ... once in a 100 yrs .... Only us Indian fans can slight our own players acheivments .... FWIW ... DGB is famous for scoring his runs at a rapid pace turns out it was mainly measured in terms of time and not the no.of balls faced. Sehwag beats him fair and square by a looong margin and dare I say that Steyn,Ntini,Morkel are faaar superior than Larwood , Tate & Co. Anyhow Sehwag isnt done with his career ..... which is when those sort of stats make sense .... even as of now Sehwag has nearly 5K runs to DGB's 7K .... not bad considering how Test Match cricket is sooo much more tougher than what it was back then. Yes I am aware of the standard responses to that but Iam yet to meet a single expert on such matters who doesnt think that the modern day standards are far more rigourous than what they used to be.
:two_thumbs_up: We are self-loather by nature
That will be considered when Sehwag hangs his boot his career is not over yet..
Fair agument, except that Sehwag has already played more Tests and innings than Bradman. If Sehwag needs to end his career with 104 Tests and 13992 runs (ie, twice as many Tests and runs as Bradman) and the same average as DGB, he needs to score 9179 runs in his next 47 Test matches (62 innings, 17 not outs) at an average of 203.98. Amits thinks that he will score twice as many runs in every innings, so well...