No dugs test, NO WC for Asif and Akthar

The question is why have they not been tested yet? 13 of the 15 have, the only 2 who have not are these two proven cheats. What are these druggies hiding? -------------------------------------------------- Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif will not travel to the Caribbean for the World Cup if they fail to take a dope test, according to Pakistan cricket officials. The Pakistan Cricket Board completed tests on 13 of its 15-man squad and five reserves this week but Shoaib and Asif have yet to feature, raising media speculation they might be forced out of the event starting on March 13. "PCB chairman Naseem Ashraf has a zero tolerance on the use of banned substances so any member of the team going for the World Cup has to pass the screening, the in-house dope testing," Salim Altaf, the PCB's director of operations, told AFP. "The chairman has directed that nobody can go on the tour if this screening is not done."

Re: No dugs test, NO WC for Asif and Akthar

i think they are getting treatment for injuries..or upto some evil plan to flush drugs out of their system before the tests.
I think you are right - about flushing the drugs out of the system. Didn't some experts say that these drugs stay in your body for 6 months? They took the previous drug test in September and are just waiting (making sure) that next test is done SIX months later (i.e. probably end Feb or begining March). Either PCB will find a way for these to pass the test or they will not go to WC07 under pretence of injury. My bet is on the first.

Re: No dugs test, NO WC for Asif and Akthar This is just for public consumption. Ashraf is the same twat who presided over the fiasco of absolving these two after they were caught red handed. I am reliably informed that they have had private tests, which show nandrolone levels above legal limits. The PCB has sent them off on apparent scans, etc to buy more time before they have their samples taken. The reason they cannot go the WC withourt prior tests is because the ICC is bound to single them out. If they test positive again, they face a life ban. The PCB is the most conniving, scheming and hypocritical board in the world, cheered on by a majority of Pakistani fans, who are rooting for these two cheats. Don't fall for these sound bytes. These guys can make Laloo Yadav look like a mahatma.

Re: No dugs test, NO WC for Asif and Akthar I've great admiration for the likes of Akram, Saqlain etc. But never had good opinions when it comes to Pakistanis sporting morals (if they have any). Not walking for a catch, excessive appealing, bump ball etc. is one thing but taking drugs and trying to gain edge over opposition is another But their values are going down even further when PCB is dancing to their players tunes and try to protect them. Naseem Ashraf dude talks about "zero tolerance" policy on drugs and seeing Pak fans views, I'm really amazed when it comes to team/players, people just throw away their logic, moral etc. I believe the root cause of the problem is not Shoaib or Asif, but rather than people who are willing to tolerate

Re: No dugs test, NO WC for Asif and Akthar Even if they do somehow get to play in the World Cup, I have serious doubts about how effective they're gonna be. Shoaib ADMITTED to using coke in order to have lenghtened stamina (especially for tests). Remember India's last tour to Pakistan in Jan., 2006? India blew that 3rd Test, but I distinctly recall the likes of Dravid, Sehwag, (especially) Laxman and Dhoni standing up to bouncer after bouncer. Shoaib when healthy and coke and nandro.-driven had a series average of 63 (!) with only 4 wickets. Even Asif did poorly until the very last innings in which India batted (when he scalped an important 3 wickets). If I were a Pak. fan, I would more concerned with the likes of Rana, Gul and Razzaq and Afridi, and Sami. Go with what you've got and cut the fat. It's like ignoring those really difficult questions on exams that you're probably gonna get wrong anyway--you quickly take your best guess and move on to the stuff you know you can get right.

Remember India's last tour to Pakistan in Jan., 2006? India blew that 3rd Test, but I distinctly recall the likes of Dravid, Sehwag, (especially) Laxman and Dhoni standing up to bouncer after bouncer. Shoaib when healthy and coke and nandro.-driven had a series average of 63 (!) with only 4 wickets. Even Asif did poorly until the very last innings in which India batted (when he scalped an important 3 wickets). .
:lmao: :lmao: The last sentence is just HILARIOUS!! oh BTW what was H Singh's average in that series....oh that's right he didn't even have an average because he remained wicketless through out the series.

:lmao: :lmao: The last sentence is just HILARIOUS!! oh BTW what was H Singh's average in that series....oh that's right he didn't even have an average because he remained wicketless through out the series.
Pakistan v Bangladesh, Asia Cup, Colombo, 2004 Bangladesh don't often score at 10 an over in ODIs but with a bit of help from Pakistan's Sami in last year's Asia Cup, it wasn't difficult. His 17-ball over (seven wides and four no-balls) took Bangladesh from 6 for 1 to 30 for 1 by the third over of the innings. Neither team could make the final, so the result was of little importance -?the only person who really suffered was the poor soul writing ball-by-ball commentary for Cricinfo: "What an over. Got me in trouble," he managed to type. some piece of glory for mp..

Pakistan v Bangladesh, Asia Cup, Colombo, 2004
I thought we were talking about Pakistan v India 2006 series, you seem to have hastily changed the topic.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: No dugs test, NO WC for Asif and Akthar And they wonder why they have thug as politicians and bigger thug as army chiefs.... are ye log aasman se nahin tapakete hain pubic ke bich se hi aate hain...... the kind of support these two thugs enjoy among pakis fans is downright sick to say the least.

It's like ignoring those really difficult questions on exams that you're probably gonna get wrong anyway--you quickly take your best guess and move on to the stuff you know you can get right.
I used to find all the questions difficult. Well apart from the ones I got at 3am from the guy standing on the street corner :lmao: