Pitch for Test-3 at Kanpur - MUST WIN match for India

.... and therein lies the crux of India's plight. Even in lightweight posts such as the above, it comes through, time and time again, that (some - dare I say, many) Indian fans have no shame in demanding a 'fix'.
True. But is Australia above this? Aussies were crying out for a super fast and bouncy pitch there to skittle the Indians too. So what goes for the goose, goes for the gander too. That being said...playing spin and fielding spinners has long been India's strength...I see no issue in preparing a sporting pitch that has something in it for spinners. However, I would not like to see a pitch that is so one sided that India is so on top with spin that the opposition would not have a chance whatsoever. A "raging square turner" from day one, if you will. Might as well not play a test match with the opposition if you are going to use the conditions completely to take them out of contention. One positive that has come from this test we currently are playing, is that India has not adopted negative tactics like SA did in the previous match of bowling behind the legs etc. Despite their pathetic seam effort, they have still been trying to take wickets.

Cochise, Maybe a series defeat in India (there has only one be one such before to non-Aus since 1983) is no big deal for you. You can find other praises for a team like, in how "we approached the bowling" while being pasted left and right by SA. @bharat297: Yes, a raging square turner from day-1 required. Kanpur curator needs to get to action.

Cochise, Maybe a series defeat in India (there has only one be one such before to non-Aus since 1983) is no big deal for you. You can find other praises for a team like, in how "we approached the bowling" while being pasted left and right by SA.
Winning and losing are part of the game. Play sportingly, prove your worth in the middle and take the returns of the day. If you deserve victory, you will have it. If not, at least give a good account of yourself. More importantly, play in a sporting way and do not endeavour to manipulate everything in your favour...including pitches that are totally unsporting to the other side and all in your favour. There is no contest, if so. Might as well just play amongst yourselves if you want to approach it like that.
Winning and losing are part of the game. Yes. Agreed...Losing is fine, but where is the fight? Play sportingly, prove your worth in the middle and take the returns of the day. What worth has been proved in the middle, other than SA showing us the middle finger and pasting us? If you deserve victory, you will have it. If not, at least give a good account of yourself. Has our team put up a fight? 76 in 1st Inn, got pasted with century and 200 from folks, and now 130-4...good account? .

Yes...I agree, it's been a poor showing. But there is still time for them to go down with dignity. Sometimes I think the fans are reflective of the team...both spirits start flagging and gaze forlornly into the negative. Steady on. Bad days occur, collapses happen, off days come, shyte happens... Play on! Keep going...the corner will be turned.

I think that India should go with a risky tactic and prepare a very green pitch. Playing Irfan Pathan at eight and Kumble at nine, India will have batting in depth and should back Sehwag, Dravid, Laxman and Ganguly to come good. If an absolute seaming minefield is prepared, it could take the South African bowlers out of the equation and turn the game into a batting contest where each run is crucial. In such a contest, a single quick fifty from Sehwag could take the game away. 1. Virender Sehwag 2. Dinesh Karthik/Aakash Chopra/Gautam Gambhir (really can't decide) 3. Rahul Dravid 4. VVS Laxman 5. Sourav Ganguly 6. Mohammad Kaif 7. MS Dhoni 8. Irfan Pathan 9. Anil Kumble* 10. Ishant Sharma* 11. Munaf Patel* *Pending fitness. Priority list for replacements: 1. Sreesanth 2. Praveen Kumar 3. VRV Singh