Sehwag, the bowler

No i didn't but i have watched Bhajji bowl to the Lankans and look completely toothless...i don't expect anything differnet in Lanka either and i am willing to bet money that Bhajji won't average less than 50 runs per wicket in lanka should he play.

Definition of part timer? Here are some from this very thread' date=' now good luck getting them into your head :[/quote'] Not definitive. You will have to do lot better than this ace. It was a rather straight question, so I expect a straight up answer. What is your definition of a part-time bowler? Here let me help you further. India is playing in South Africa 4 test series, give me some definitive numbers(overs, wickets etc etc) on what Sehwag is expected to deliver. Simple? xxx
Not definitive. You will have to do lot better than this ace. It was a rather straight question, so I expect a straight up answer. What is your definition of a part-time bowler? Here let me help you further. India is playing in South Africa 4 test series, give me some definitive numbers(overs, wickets etc etc) on what Sehwag is expected to deliver. Simple? xxx
Oh man of great cricketing insights - this is cricket we are talking about not Newton's laws of motions where I can lay down some definition in a precise manner. On a seaming pitch like the one we played on in Johannesburg and after having the opponents down, it's quite obvious any part timer will get less bowling if at all. That would be true for all part timers whose names have been brought up here ie. Gayle, Styris, Symonds etc. You give me a description of those 4 test match wickets in South Africa and some match situations and I'll tell you how much Sehwag would be expected to deliver. I certainly won't give him a bowl if we have the opposition at 50/5 in 15 overs with the ball seaming around all over the place and neither will any captain bring on his part timers in such a situation.

I do hope in real life you are more forthright than you are in this thread.

You give me a description of those 4 test match wickets in South Africa and some match situations and I'll tell you how much Sehwag would be expected to deliver. I certainly won't give him a bowl if we have the opposition at 50/5 in 15 overs with the ball seaming around all over the place and neither will any captain bring on his part timers in such a situation.
The definition of part-timer is NOT dependent on 1 match situation as you are trying to wiggle out here. Here is what I want. India is playing in South Africa a 4 test series. With me? India needs to take 80 wickets in the 4 test series(20 per Test). I would say lets agree to 70 wickets since not all innings are completed. Actually lets make it 65. Fair? Indian bowler needs to take 65 wickets in the series. I will take off 5 wickets(run out say). So about 60 wickets needs to be taken. Fair? Now your logic is Sehwag is a part timer along with a mainstream spinner(say Kumble). I am assuming you would want 3 pacers(correct me if I am wrong). In other words you have 3 pacers, 1 spinners and 1 part timer to take out 20 wickets. Now in a 4 test series I would be happy if 1 pacer takes 16 wickets(4 wickets per tests, rarely happens), 1 takes 14 wickets(3 wickets plus per tests) and 3rd one about 12 wickets. Overall 42 wickets taken by 3 pacers. Sounds fair? Now it will come down to Kumble and Sehwag picking those 18 wickets. Question time: a) Do you expect Sehwag and Kumble to take 18 wickets in a 4 test series? b) How many wickets of the 18 do you expect Sehwag to take? This is just an example so lets not worry if Kumble/Sehwag have to take 16 instead of 18. The numbers are broadly given and you are more than welcome to correct me. At the end I want you to specifically suggest what you expect Sehwag to deliver in a 4 Test series, if we are short on 1 bowler. Simple? xxx
No i didn't but i have watched Bhajji bowl to the Lankans and look completely toothless...i don't expect anything differnet in Lanka either and i am willing to bet money that Bhajji won't average less than 50 runs per wicket in lanka should he play.
Sorry to intrude on the main topic but...didn't Bhajji take 16 wickets on the SL tour at about a 28 run average?

he has shown his class again but the observation is, would this have been possible if kumble hadn't got injured?? would he have got this chance to bowl a healthy number of overs to showcase himself?? the team hasn't been using their resources to the very best he took 3 out of 4 wickets, all at crucial stages, and still he is called a part timer he did start his career as an off spinner

Sehwag can be an excellent part-timer,especially in Tests. If we can turn him into a Hooper/Gayle with the ball, it would be very very advantageous to us. Oh and whoever said we should play Bhajji-Kumble in Sri Lanka must be smoking something really weird. SL will ANNIHILATE Bhajji and if he averages below 50 with the ball (if he plays), i will eat my hat...an offie who is a total failure overseas will do well against SL who practice everyday against Murali,the God of offspin, in their own backyard ?!? I don't think so.
16 wickets, at an average of 28, including a match winning performance in the 2nd test. Will you eat your hat live for us on webcam, or will you make a video recording of it champ?

Paul Harris is probably the worst off-spinner going around. Simply put, the guy doesnt turn the ball. When Ashley Giles left the international circuit ... the world needed a replacement off-spin(well-not really)er to laugh at. Enter Paul Harris ... the man who cant keep his arms down after bowling a ball. Seriously ... after every ball, regardless of how crap it was (even boundaries) ... he will raise his arms in the air and yell out "ooooohhh" ... as if that was such a close chance. Who the hell does he think he is ? Warne? Murali? ... the guy is a joke imo.