Shane Bond Takes 7 Wickets in County Opener

Hwo did he get clearence from the NZ board to play counties ? After Rana' date=' he is the second ICL player to have gotten the clearence ?[/quote'] Yep. In fact, Bond had written permission from the NZ cricket board that he could play for ICL and yet he will be selected to play for the national team, after which only did he sign the ICL contract. But the BCCI arm-twisted NZ cricket to dump him. Bond later said he could have filed a case in the court to win back his right to play for the national team, but didnt do so coz he feared adverse impact for the NZ board from BCCI.
Yep. In fact' date=' Bond had written permission from the NZ cricket board that he could play for ICL and yet he will be selected to play for the national team, after which only did he sign the ICL contract. But the BCCI arm-twisted NZ cricket to dump him. Bond later said he could have filed a case in the court to win back his right to play for the national team, but didnt do so coz he feared adverse impact for the NZ board from BCCI.[/quote'] Disgraceful stuff from the BCCI.
Disgraceful stuff from the BCCI.
I really dont blame the BCCI for this. There's no way they could have been seen to be even .0001% lenient towards players who joined ICL. That kind of approach would have sent a dangerous precedent and would have emboldened other players to follow suit, ie sign up for ICL and somehow convince their home-boards to allow them to play for theiir national team.
Disgraceful stuff from the BCCI.
Will the PCB staff commit suicide if the BCCI asks them to ? Who asked them to obey these BCCI babus ? Infact, its not even BCCI. The ICC must be blamed for declaring ICL unofficial & playing along with the BCCI.
I really dont blame the BCCI for this. There's no way they could have been seen to be even .0001% lenient towards players who joined ICL. That kind of approach would have sent a dangerous precedent and would have emboldened other players to follow suit' date=' ie[b'] sign up for ICL and somehow convince their home-boards to allow them to play for theiir national team.
and i honestly don't see anything wrong with that.
Will the PCB staff commit suicide if the BCCI asks them to ? Who asked them to obey these BCCI babus ? Infact' date= its not even BCCI. The ICC must be blamed for declaring ICL unofficial & playing along with the BCCI.
I wouldn't bet against it.PCB first banned their players from international games(IIRC Pakistan board was the 1st one to do so) then banned them from domestic games(this was especially frustrating) and now they are threatening to sue ICL. It is amazing because the domestic cricketers in Pakistan haven't even been paid their salary for this year(which according to Abdur Rauf is 100 times lower than what ICL is offering them) yet they are also not allowed to make money from a different source. So if you think that i am happy at the PCB then you are way off target. DNA is very similar to his friend Musharraf because both men are fighting someone else's war.
Hwo did he get clearence from the NZ board to play counties ? After Rana' date=' he is the second ICL player to have gotten the clearence ?[/quote'] NZ Board in fact didn't need to clear him to play for county at all as he is not on NZCB payroll anymore. NZ cricket board disowned him and because of that they have no control over him whatsoever. ICL will be gutted, Bondy did nothing noteworthy playing for ICL.