Closest to perfect over?...

This is a tough one... I was wondering if anyone here knows, who bowled the best over ever (in terms of stats) in a Test match... A perfect over would obviously be: W,W,W,W,W,W but I doubt that's happened in Test cricket... Irfan pathan managed a 0,0,0,W,W,W in the very first over of a Test match (and still managed to wind up on the losing side), but I'm sure other batsmen have taken hat-tricks for no runs in an over... Who has taken the most wickets for the least runs in an over?, and in what match? (I'm asking you this, I don't have the answer)...

Re: Closest to perfect over?...

Also Wasim Akram took WW0WW in a test once, with the third ball a dropped catch...
drop catches= story of PAK cricket! Anyways can you tell us a bit more because for some reason i don't recall that over.
Wasim Akram, playing for Pakistan against West Indies at Lahore in 1990-91 second Innings http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard.asp?MatchCode=1156

Re: Closest to perfect over?... COB, Some of the Test match great performances have already been mentioned. In terms of First class the one that stands out is that of Pat Pocock in 1972. He took 4 wickets in 4 balls, 5 wickets in 6, 6 in 9 and 7 wickets in 11. So probably the greatest 2 overs in cricket history(first class). His last over read www1ww Here is the scorecard: http://cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Scorecards/32/32782.html xx

Re: Closest to perfect over?... My personal best overs were bowled in a school league while playing for my high school in New Delhi (which shall not be named) versus Modern School Barakhamba Road: W W N1 0 W W 1 Another over that i bowled, and this was the very first over of the second innings, again in the school league this time versus DPS R.K. Puram: W W W 0 0 0 But my very best over was the one i bowled in a cricket league versus Houston Tigers, unfortunately we still lost the game: 0 W 0 0 0 W and the next over was 0 W 0 0 0 0 in all of the 12 deliveries, not one was met with the bat and i felt i should have received one LBW decision in my favor in the second over. On the international scenario i rate Danny Morrison's last over against Sri Lanka at Sharjah in a tri series between Sri Lanka, New Zealand and Pakistan in 1996-1997: 0 W Y1 0 W W (and i believe the game ended there with the scores tied)