Rahul Dravid- Worst Captain

straighttalk

There's this bloke named Chipli in B'lores team. He played in the last game, he is class. They should persist with him. The worst thing that happened to them was Jaffer getting to that 50. Sure, he played some good shots. But you really can't expect that sort of innings from him even once in 40 innings. Its just not his mould, nothing against him. I think Kallis will face the butt in the next game, his bowlings been trash, batting scratchy. So all you Missy fans will be happy :haha: Chipli Dravid Taylor (1) Misbah (2) Kohli Cameron White (3) Goswami Kumar Anil Steyn (4) Zaheer Looks like a match winning XI to me.

It's so sad. When Dravid first took over captaincy, he used to be much more proactive, and applied some excellent cricketing brains like delaying power plays, special field placings etc. He is just in a bad phase of his career right now. I feel sorry for him that he has to face so much criticism for what is essentially just a TAMASHA.

There's this bloke named Chipli in B'lores team. He played in the last game, he is class. They should persist with him. The worst thing that happened to them was Jaffer getting to that 50. Sure, he played some good shots. But you really can't expect that sort of innings from him even once in 40 innings. Its just not his mould, nothing against him. I think Kallis will face the butt in the next game, his bowlings been trash, batting scratchy. So all you Missy fans will be happy :haha: Chipli Dravid Taylor (1) Misbah (2) Kohli Cameron White (3) Goswami Kumar Anil Steyn (4) Zaheer Looks like a match winning XI to me.
i dont think bangalore will consider dropping jaffer after that 32-ball 50, but misbah has to come in with kallis sitting out

Guest HariSampath
Ok man seems like you are blabbering - for the third time I'm saying that three of your left handers are on the way out- Warney has tortured Fleming - and we've all seen the master of spin (sarcasm), Yuvraj try to hit out Warne and fail....so its not like the king of leg spin sucks against left handers - Parthiv, Raina and Badri haven't played against him yet And I don't know how 2 against RR + 2 against DC = 3 wins. If you're so confident of 4 straight wins against those two teams, yes I'd be happy to take a bet!
I said 3 wins out of the 4 ( 2+2) against RR and DC...learn to read, understand and then of course continue your prattle...btw...ALL Indian players from parthiv to Raina, Badri and Dhoni are very good against any type of spin...please forget about Warne troubling us....and in all probability out of the 3 wins, 2 certainly shall be against RR

I said 3 wins out of the 4 ( 2+2) against RR and DC...learn to read' date=' understand and then of course continue your prattle...btw...[b']ALL Indian players from parthiv to Raina, Badri and Dhoni are very good against any type of spin...please forget about Warne troubling us....and in all probability out of the 3 wins, 2 certainly shall be against RR
So those are only the Indian players you know? First Dhoni can learn to play offspin - especially the doosra (first ball duck against Murali last year - sadly can still remember that) - then he can graduate to legspin playing So shut your trap instead of rambling about how great your 'Indian' (read Chennai Superking's Indian) players are against spin!...Yuvi learned the hard way on how hard it actually is to play Shane (tried to slog sweep him, giving a top edge), and people like Sachin, Dravid, KP, VVS just make it look too easy Dude I'd be happy to be proved wrong with all those Superking Indians you mentioned being good against spin, but just don't get a high from your 4 wins and start underestimating a guy who has 700 test wickets!! Honestly - I expect a more educated cricket fanatic from Chennai...that's what all the commentators say , right?? (Chennai, known for its educated cricket audience blah blah blah)....instead, I get a person who, just because major Indian players like Sachin can handle Warne, think that every Indian batsman on the fringe of international cricket can!

Guest HariSampath

On a different note, if Indian players like Raina, Dhoni , Badri parthiv et al who are brought up on a diet of mothers milk and playing spin on dusty Indian tracks are expected to collapse in 4 overs of Shane Warne, what about the Royals batters against Murali on the same track....you are even more stupid than I initially thought.

On a different note' date=' if Indian players like Raina, Dhoni , Badri parthiv et al who are brought up on a diet of mothers milk and playing spin on dusty Indian tracks are expected to collapse in 4 overs of Shane Warne, what about the Royals batters against Murali on the same track....you are even more stupid than I initially thought.[/quote'] yeah so what did I say about Dhoni playing Murali? No, I bet you didn't read it but were thinking of some good thing to reply back! As stupid as I may be, your arrogance is blinding you Arrogant idiot, we can turn this into a never-ending flame war and exchange words blah blah.....or we can put an end to this and wait for what actually happens in the matches

Guest HariSampath

Todays blunders by Dravid. 1. Winning toss and fielding, knowing what a mess they made of chasing last game, and knowing just 2-3 good overs from Sehwag/Gambhir would send DD to a total near 200. 2. Selection : Not selecting Misbah. Selecting Joshi who is an absolute disaster, and he went for 19 in his only over, resulting in forced changes and runs flowing. 3. Opening with Praveen Kumar, Dravid himself should have opened, so that he and Kallis dont bat in the mo together, and not opening with Taylor who would have got the best possible start. 4. coming in to bat when Kallis was at the crease...should have been Kohli or Boucher to accelerate. When Kallis and Dravid batted together from the 5th over to 16th over, this was the MOST important phase of a 192 chase, and they both batted at the 120 SR range , resulting in 57 runs being required to win off 27 balls, a tall task for other batters...run a ball plus 30 runs with 4 overs to go means too much was left to the end , and batters like Boucher and Kohli , new at the wicket couldnt do much. 5. When req run rate constantly increasing, something imaginative like sending in Zaheer Khan could have been tried to try and hit a quick 15-20 runs and bring down the gap a bit, but nothing was attempted by Dravid as he stuck to conventional and orthodox thinking. This was a game where his batting slightly was better than earlier , but still 38 off 30 balls by RD and 54 off 44 by kallis during the 5th to 16th over stage , with team needing 11 an over. Right from the begining the BRC needed run a ball plus 72...the chase should have been accordingly, but when you go into the final over needing 30 to win...it means that all through , just run a ball plus 48 had been achieved till then. The game was literally over in the last 2 overs..and the final over was just some artificial excitement as even Sehwag was not bowling seriously after 1st ball as a six was required off every ball then. So, Dravid's captaincy, his 11 selection and bad batting order plus relatively slow batting along with kallis again cost BRC the match.

Guest HariSampath

When Taylor got out , surely another aggressive batter could have been sent in, instead Dravid sent in Kallis to join Jaffer. When jaffer got out , again RD himself joined kallis. How the heck can such batting combinations in the middle increase the scoring rate when it had climbed more than 10 rpo to get at that point. Then with Dravid and Kallis in the middle, the period between 5th and 9th over, produced 23 runs in 4 overs, this was pathetic batting by RD and Kallis, criminal runrate when the side needs 10 rpo. TWO middle order batters batting at 120 range SR , which is barely 50 overs standards, occupied the crease between 5th and 16th over...what the heck can having 6-7 wkts in hand be worth in the last 4 overs if the required rate had shotup to 15 rpo. I cant believe that a side that was chasing 10 an over to win can actually score 4 runs off the 15th over , 6 runs of the 16th over and 4 runs off the 17th over, with Dravid and kallis playing most of the balls !!!!!!! Why didnt RD or kallis try to hit out between 7th and 10th overs at least and tried to get 1-2 overs of 16+ runs even it meant getting out. At least that way, Kohli or Boucher would have got into the middle by the 11th/12th over , leaving them enough time to have a serious attempt at the target. And what can poor Kohli do coming in at the last over, or Boucher do after 18th over ? Poor resource management of batting by Dravid. I almost got the impression he was just batting to get some runs himself even if it meant the target would get too steep for his team mates at the end.

I just realized the dumb facks did not pick Goswami and picked some Patil guy. This team has no drive, no direction, and definitely no chance of better results. This is the best team they can have: Goswami B. Chipli Dravid Kohli Misbah C. White P. Kumar A. Razzak A. Kumble Z. Khan Steyn