Rahul Dravid- Worst Captain

straighttalk

Rahul Dravid to me is the worst captain in IPL.Look at today's match.The pitch is expected to seam and Dhoni promptly drops Muralidharan and brings in Morkel.And Dravid drops Sunil Joshi and Anil Kumble and brings in a batsman and a domestic fast bowler.While he benches Misbah and Dale Steyn-his two best bet.Man he really sucks.Any other captain would have used Misbah in place of Chanderpaul (tough luck on Chandy as he is a handy player just that Misbah is awesome) and dropped Kallis (who has been bowling **** till now and his batting isn't suited for 20-20's) and played Steyn as Steyn would have given them the chance to rock the Chennai batting order. I may still end up with eggs on my face if RBC defeats Chennai but still I am sure that it was not due to Rahul's decision.It would be mainly due to some superlative batting by someone in the team or good bowling. man rahul dravid is single handedly destroying RBC by his ego of going with players who are similar in style to him.

ok some mistake ....due to crapinfo..steyn in indeed playing but not including misbah is a cardinal sin..dravid is too afraid to drop kallis as kallis is exact photocopy of dravid. man why did rbc take misbah then.sourav ganguly would have loved to have him in his team.he failed to egt him due to lack ofmoney.

A lot has been said about Dravid's captaincy. I don't think he's as bad a captain he's made out to be. His win record in both ODIs and Tests is decent. It's another thing that his IPL team selections have been baffling.

You've got to remember that you can only play four overseas players. Kallis and Boucher are a given. Can't argue with that. Steyn. Yep. That leaves one spot. Chanders vs Misbah. Chandrapaul has been in awesome form, came before Misbah, so he'll just have to wait.

dravids captaincy makes even laxman & yuvraj look like dhonis no plan at all towards the end. had no fielders on the boundary in dhonis strong areas. zaheer & steyn were bowling well, but still being hit for 4s with no fielders out on the boundary to stop them then in batting, unlike laxman & ganguly who promote themselves to the top to face the heat, dravid was too scared to bat, brought himself on very late & got out for a 1st ball 0 not even playing misbah who is 1 of the best 20/20 batsman & can hit huge 6s. after jaffer got out, the situation was the best for misbah to come in. dravid is screwing the team by playing players similar to himself. atleast jaffer made 50, but the other dravid players made them lose a won match bangalore should look to drop dravid from the xi even & get in misbah

Guest HariSampath

Dravid sucks as a captain and as a batter in t20. Not selecting Misbah. Not able to set fields to Dhoni....CSK were 100 in 15 overs and got to 178 in 20 due to Dhoni blitzkrieg, and Dravid seemed clueless. Not opening with Ross Taylor who is their best top order hitter, momentum lost in 1st 4 overs...just 18 runs and a wkt. Not coming up earlier and taking pressure, set a very bad example for team....no plan at all. Dravid sucks....Bangalore royal challengers suck

B'lore has the best pact attack in IPL. They are bound to win a few. Not many teams will have the quality of batting that CSK had, in today's match. Given the same set of bowlers and similar conditions, most teams wouldnt have crossed 140. Dravid Taylor Kohli Misbah Boucher Kumar Anil Akhil Zaheer Steyn XXX This team isnt that bad. And, there is no way both Jaffer and Dravid should play in the same team.The Biggest problem for B'lore is, the Indian batsman in the team arent even in the Indian one-day team. India's best ODI batsman, like Yuvi, MSD, Uthappa, Gambhir, Sehwag, Raina, Rohit Sharma and Sachin have all gone to other teams and if we have noticed, they have been the linchpins of their team's batting so far. B'lore Indian batsman, apart from Kohli have been their biggest liabilities. That is hurting 'em badly. Their pace attack is phenomenal, but even that can be carted around in batting friendly conditions.

Guest HariSampath

@ MM...I disagree with your team assessment. I think its a major issue of captaining a team in a format where RD is perhaps one of the world's worst players. Look at his batting and his game attitude and his choices in the auction and in the 11 now..they are all the same. Dravid was the one making the choices in the auction...and guess who he comes up with in the first round. Kallis, Chanderpaul, Boucher, jaffer etc. I am of the serious belief that Dravid did not want the Gillys, Haydens, Gibbs et al in the lineup as that would have hopelessly exposed him . Even now he stands exposed as a very poor reader of the t20 game . BRC are playing with ONE T20 batter, Taylor, and now he too is gone. Again, not selecting Misbah was a rubbish decision. It wouldnt have made any difference as Misbah is not known for finishing games by keeping cool. Another big diff is sticking with Kallis, Jaffer, himself and another bangalore batter in the top order..there is just no power at the top ( today was a bit different due to Taylor and a very good knock from jaffer), but that still means therfe was no firepower at the middle order. With an opponent down at 93-3 in 14 overs, I can assure you Dhoni wont let them get to 178 in 20 overs. Dravid did exactly that...but with that very good bowling attack ( all top 4 bowlers had one over remaining in last 5 ), Dravid didnt have a plan and had no clue how to set a field, with Dhoni blitzing the ball to all corners of the park. The bowlers were confused on what line/length to bowl, and field was changed after EVERY shot. Dravid was hardly talking to the bowlers after the 15th over. Contrast this with Dhoni ...Bangalore just needed 52 off 36 with 6 wkts in hand....everyone had almost thrown in the towel, but Dhoni stayed cool and talked to his bowlers and made the perfect choices. Dhoni too had one over each from top 4 bowlers and how he used them, with a low RR required for BRC. Finally Dhoni said at the presentation that he realised a mistake that the bowlers/fielders were making by the 15th over...not shining the ball, and once they did, it started swinging and no batter cound connect. These small things make the difference. Like I had said elsewhere, just normal winners and Champions are differentiated by the maximum attention given to even small things, all the time as it adds up to the result, and Dhoni is undoubtedly a champion caption...Dravid is not even fit to play t20 at this level, but his ego wont allow him to accept that, and he has become almost the laughing stock of the country now. When he has no skills to perform at this level, what respect can he command from his men ? But Dhoni's men will stand by him and behind him, and he can ask for and get top performances from them in crises too, because he does it and then asks his players. Here too Dravid fails miserably .

@ MM...I disagree with your team assessment. I think its a major issue of captaining a team in a format where RD is perhaps one of the world's worst players. Look at his batting and his game attitude and his choices in the auction and in the 11 now..they are all the same. Dravid was the one making the choices in the auction...and guess who he comes up with in the first round. Kallis, Chanderpaul, Boucher, jaffer etc. I am of the serious belief that Dravid did not want the Gillys, Haydens, Gibbs et al in the lineup as that would have hopelessly exposed him . Even now he stands exposed as a very poor reader of the t20 game . BRC are playing with ONE T20 batter, Taylor, and now he too is gone. Again, not selecting Misbah was a rubbish decision. It wouldnt have made any difference as Misbah is not known for finishing games by keeping cool. Another big diff is sticking with Kallis, Jaffer, himself and another bangalore batter in the top order..there is just no power at the top ( today was a bit different due to Taylor and a very good knock from jaffer), but that still means therfe was no firepower at the middle order. With an opponent down at 93-3 in 14 overs, I can assure you Dhoni wont let them get to 178 in 20 overs. Dravid did exactly that...but with that very good bowling attack ( all top 4 bowlers had one over remaining in last 5 ), Dravid didnt have a plan and had no clue how to set a field, with Dhoni blitzing the ball to all corners of the park. The bowlers were confused on what line/length to bowl, and field was changed after EVERY shot. Dravid was hardly talking to the bowlers after the 15th over. Contrast this with Dhoni ...Bangalore just needed 52 off 36 with 6 wkts in hand....everyone had almost thrown in the towel, but Dhoni stayed cool and talked to his bowlers and made the perfect choices. Dhoni too had one over each from top 4 bowlers and how he used them, with a low RR required for BRC. Finally Dhoni said at the presentation that he realised a mistake that the bowlers/fielders were making by the 15th over...not shining the ball, and once they did, it started swinging and no batter cound connect. These small things make the difference. Like I had said elsewhere, just normal winners and Champions are differentiated by the maximum attention given to even small things, all the time as it adds up to the result, and Dhoni is undoubtedly a champion caption...Dravid is not even fit to play t20 at this level, but his ego wont allow him to accept that, and he has become almost the laughing stock of the country now. When he has no skills to perform at this level, what respect can he command from his men ? But Dhoni's men will stand by him and behind him, and he can ask for and get top performances from them in crises too, because he does it and then asks his players. Here too Dravid fails miserably .
Top post. Dhoni is truly great and India is blessed to have him as captain. :isalute: