Good news Bad news for Indian Hockey

Lurker

Good news: KPS Gill is finally kicked off. The only thing the loud-mouth did was to prove that its not only the politicians who run this country, or an organization, like its their baap ki jaagir. Bad news: Indian Olympics Association dissolves IHF and appoints an ad-hoc committe. The chew***as that run IOA should be kicked off and their organization dissolved in the first place. What exactly does IOA have to show for its work than picking a solitary olympic medal every 4 years, if we are lucky that is?

The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on Monday dissolved the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) and in its place appointed a five-member ad hoc committee to run hockey in the country.
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/kps-gill-sacked-hockey-federation-suspended/64129-5.html

Good riddance. I hope some former players like Ashok Kumar' date=' Pargat Singh, Aslam SHer Khan etc are involved in the new setup .... and not some ex-cop :cantstop:[/quote'] Aslam Sher Khan, Zafar Iqbal, AjitPal Singh, Dhanraj Pillay are part of the 5 man committee. Incidentally all the mentioned gents had been very critical of Gill. So you can see it as another slap-in-the-face for Gill. Well hopefully something good shall come out of this, I mean it can not possibly get worse..or can it?

How popular is hockey in India? Is it growing?
even though Cricket rules in India. hockey still remains very popular but less appreciative in front of cricket. lot of schools still give a damn about hockey.. but the hockey management remains pathetic, hence it looks we are pretty backward nation in this sport.. we actually aren't.

So finally Gill has been kicked out.. Thank God for that , I just hope they don't hire another bunch of idiots to manage hockey now. Actually couple of years ago when I saw them launch IH league, I was very hopeful of hockey's future in India .. god knows what happened after that