South Africa have their own problems

Dhondy

...but can India take advantage? It's quite obvious that Loots Bosman is a quota selection. The same ridiculous policies led to the selection of that rookie WK, Solikile I think he was called, ahead of Mark Boucher on the last India tour. Second, the SA selection committee have this nonsensical policy that any player carrying the slightest niggle cannot be selected. Those who watched and read about the match will know about the furious row between skipper Smith and the convenor of selectors Lorgat on the selection, or non-selection if you like, of Andre Nel. Nel was carrying a minor finger injury, but as per Lorgat's policy, was not allowed to play as he believes little niggles can turn into major injuries. Here's Neil Manthorp on Cricinfo: [code:341fcd4baf]Aware that Nel is the kind of cricketer who would declare himself fit to play immediately even after a leg amputation, and that Smith would back any of his players - including himself - to do likewise, Lorgat decided to impose his authority and declare Nel "unavailable for selection". [/code:1:341fcd4baf] :lol: That's great news for India for the Test matches, for Dale Steyn pulled up injured today in a domestic match and didn't bowl a ball. To my mind, this fella will be the most dangerous South African bowler from an Indian perspective. His energy, pace and the shape he gets on the ball away from the righthander is simply lethal. I rate him ahead of Ntini. And finally, skipper Smith is a disturbed man. For some reason, he was booed by spectators on his own home ground today, and quite clearly showed his anger by throwing the ball away when he caught Harbhajan. What's going on here? A year or so ago, he was completely outmanoeuvred by Stephen Fleming, who quite deliberately sledged him to the point that Smith didn't know if he was coming or going. As the Aussies never tire of saying, target the captain, and the team will follow. But does India have the guts, nous or the personnel to do that?