The most unlucky captain: VVS

zubinpepsi

Initially when i didnt know about the "4 international players only" rule, I thought DCs had the best team in the league. The four player limit infact makes them one of the most unbalanced sides in the league. Deccan chargers have quite a few problems. 1) A captain who has to play, but cant contribute 2) Five mediocre Indian players (Rohit Sharma & RPS being exceptions) 3) Limited bowling options. To me, (2) is Deccan charger's biggest issue. Other sides that have done well in the tournament so far have match winners among the seven Indian players. DCs unfortunately dont have this luxury. Rohit Sharma is good, but with Symonds, Gilly in the squad, his role is more of innings building than match winning. The lesser players of DC are so mediocre that they dilute the value of their stars, even when they fire. Venu Gopal Rao, Laxman, Bangar & Arjun Yadav are utter cr@p for this format of the game. Unless the IPL revises the regulation on the no. of international players, DCs will continue to struggle.

wtf has Arjun Yadav done in first class cricket that he has been selected over million other cricketers. His father now has stand in his name? WTF is Shivlal Yadav's contribution to hyderabad cricket. He is reason they lost out on outstanding talent in Rayadu. Arjun Yadav does not give strike to Symonds in last over. Symonds wud have scored more runs than him. Hyderabad is doomed

balance will change once the aussies have to go home...then styris can come in for symonds. but i don't see how gibbs is going to get a game.
Gibbs comes in for Symonds - hes a better batsman than Styris (we need good batsmen rather than a team of allrounders)

Very wrong to accuse him of bad captaincy, he was more unlucky than everything. Atleast he made some good captaincy moves to bring Deccan Chargers in the hunt for a win, too bad they lost, and its fair to say they lack one more class bowler, they should of really went after guys like Praveen Kumar, would have solved all the woes.

oh comeonnnnn.. tht fukface laxi has played 2 matches b4 this game... and we all saw how shyte symmonda was in bowling... but still gave his lover boy the last over... when ojha is a lot better bowler than Maaki... its mainly laxi suckin up to Maaki.... im glad tht hyderabad lost.. and laxman shud b kicked out the team n captaincy... what a waste player.... n lets not talk abt tht overrated player Maaki... truly a legend..:hysterical:
Why is he waste? he is only worth 375 k think about all those other guys like Sangakarra and Jayawardene and even Ganguly for that matter 1 million dollars for his old arse? just because u have something against VVS dont talk out of ur asss man.

He should have given the last over to Ojha, who would have turned the ball away from the right-handed Warne, and who after all is more of a bowler than Symonds. However, when the two Aussies leave, it will be a blessing in disguise, as then you can play Styris, who I believe is MVP for the team. Also, Laxman should come as late as possible to bat.

He should have given the last over to Ojha, who would have turned the ball away from the right-handed Warne, and who after all is more of a bowler than Symonds. However, when the two Aussies leave, it will be a blessing in disguise, as then you can play Styris, who I believe is MVP for the team. Also, Laxman should come as late as possible to bat.
Which 2, Gilchrist is going no where.

but do you understand flamy when i say they lack one more quality bowler?
Of course, they lack a quality bowler, but they can get replacements for th players that are unavailable for the rest of the season right?
Kings XI Punjab Brett Lee, Simon Katich and Kyle Mills will leave India on April 28. Lee's absence will really hit them hard, considering they don't have a foreign player of such class in the squad. Either VRV Singh, the Indian Test bowler, or the Under-19 bowler Ajitesh Argal will have to step up unless, Tom Moody, the coach, decides to pick an Australian domestic player. Mills is yet to play in a game and though, Katich did play the first game, he is not known for big hitting and his absence won't leave a hole. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/347487.html

Guest Hiten.

Laxman cannot be blamed for this loss. Laxman, bowled his prime bowlers in a bid to finish off the innings. Unfortunately for him, symonds didn't bring his experience while bowling the last over. Even a mediocre bowler like jogi knows how to bowl in an final over. Symonds bowled totally rubbish line and length in that final over. I am still pinching myself to know how can a bowler hit Symo for 6,4,6 to finish off the game :hmmmm: