Ramprakash scores 100th 100

yeh its a shame he didnt but he has been in the form of his life in the last 2 seasons and this season but he's "too old" to play for England 2006 Scored 2211 @ 105.28 (HS 301*) (8 100's, 8 50's) 2007 Scored 2026 @ 101.30 (HS 266*) (10 100's, 4 50's) 2008 (Season just started) Scored 297 @ 99.00 (HS 123) (2 100's)

Wow what a player. Unbeliavble he never delivered at International level. Simply got of to bad start in tests and never recoverd mentally from this
He played 50 test matches for England. Most cricketers would be pleased if they got half that many tests to prove themselves.
He played 50 test matches for England. Most cricketers would be pleased if they got half that many tests to prove themselves.
Very true. Technically more then good enough. Just not mentally strong enough to handle the pressure and scrutinity. I am sure its not just coincidence that his best form over last few years is when he has no chance of being selected for england eg no scrutinity

I'd say Hick's the more overhyped one, given the talk about him when he was coming onto the scene and the number of excuses people made for all his failures. Ramps at least delivered a few times v. Australia, Hick did f-ck all for the most part. Ramps is also a far more watchable batsman. And he won a dance contest, whereas Hick just moaned and whined about missing a hundred when he was declared on.

Hicks is by far the most overrated batsman i've seen...i still remember England billing Hick as the English Tendulkar in the early 90s...talk about overhype par infinity..... Ramps actually got repeatedly owned by Australia and west indies because Ramps had a weakness against the short ball outside offstump that'd come into the body- he'd often just half-jab at it and give a dolly to the slips. He also rarely got in line with the ball outside offstump that swung away- again, catching practice to the slips. He is technically very pleasign to watch, but there were a few glaring holes in his game that could be exploited by fast bowlers with pip-point accuracy like McGrath/Ambrose/Akram etc.

He got his 100th hundred yesterday. 25th player in the history of the game to do so. Quite an amazing feat. BTW, for all the records that Indian batsmen have held in international cricket and even in FC cricket, not one single Indian has scored 100 FC hundreds. Even the pakis have a representative in that list - Zaheer Abbas. The Indian who got closest to the figure was Sunil Gavaskar, who finished with 81. Sachin Tendulkar is miles behind on 65 !

The best memory I have of Mark Ramprakash is a 100 he hit against West Indies, if I am not mistaken. I watched quite a lot of cricket the time he was trying to make his into the team, was dropped and made numerous comebacks.There seemed nothing special about him, then. But a hundred 100s is a special achievement, definitely.