Shane Watson

umpire

If Watson can perform SO well in IPL on such a consistent basis, there's no reason why he cant do well at the international level, atleast in T20s, where the standard of opposition is generally much lower and intensity of the challenge is also markedly down. Bhajji made his comeback into the test team by first doing well in T20s, then getting into the ODI team and then finally, the test team. It will be interesting to see whether the Aussie selectors choose Watson for Aus' next T20 encounter.

If Watson can perform SO well in IPL on such a consistent basis, there's no reason why he cant do well at the international level, atleast in T20s, where the standard of opposition is generally much lower and intensity of the challenge is also markedly down. Bhajji made his comeback into the test team by first doing well in T20s, then getting into the ODI team and then finally, the test team. It will be interesting to see whether the Aussie selectors choose Watson for Aus' next T20 encounter.
Yeah he'll probably replace that Brad Hodge in their T20 lineup

indeed very solid player he has been for Rajasthan. Another person I'd say would be Shawn Marsh. So this IPL is a chance for the Aussies to impress the selectors.
I am a little disturbed that the second rate Aussies (those who are not the first choice for Australia) doing far better than the supposed first XI players of India. It is not surprising though that the IPL teams fancy just about anyone who is an Australian citizen (who is this Brett Geeves) ?

A very smart buy, actually. Ignore the first class average right now, it's going down and down. Very talented swing bowler, capable of getting good pace from what I've seen of him in OZ domestics and a very intelligent one day bowler. Not a bad lower order hitter either. I'm guessing nobody would have bid much for him, so probably a good bargain especially as he's not near the Australian selection. [surprised nobody bid on Moises Henriques or George Bailey, one of the hardest hitters of a cricket ball I've seen.] As for Watto, my thoughts have been stated on this useless lump of shyte. He's about 1-3 matches away from a breakdown, which he no doubt will blame on either his IPL team's physio team or his own physio...