Congrats Mishra for the hattrick (highlight of his wickets included).

Guest Hiten.

Yes. I was extremely disappointed when Sehwag got out for a duck. But Gambhir, kind of made up with his explosive hitting. Even Dhawan did well. And then when the Chargers began, I thought that the match would get over very soon. Even McGrath got hammered. Few of Afridi's strokes were breathtaking. And for the first time I felt bad when the boys sitting behind me cheered his sixes and fours. T20 was the best format for me to go to the stadium and watch. Even though I was in one of corporate boxes, it was really hot there. And people were quite unruly. A six and half foot man sat just in front of me and blocked my entire view from midwicket to the pitch. Also the people in the seats in front of me would not sit and watch the match. Most of the time they were either standing or moving around. All these things irritated me no ends. So my hubby told me that there was no way I could watch a test or even an ODI in the stadium. If I wanted to have a feel for the live action in the ground, this was the best opportunity. I enjoyed the atmosphere really but will perhaps not go to the ground again.

^ Aussie stadiums are pretty good when it comes to seating arrangement and how people only move between overs .... I have been to 2 test matches in India and I enjoyed my time @ Kotla ... I guess people cant stand all the time at a test match.. I went to 1 ODI @ Kotla and couldnt find an empty seat ... people were sitting on the groud .. on the trees .. every where and even though I had a ticket.. I couldnt get a seat and I came back ...

Shwetabh, I don't think my experiences there would give a real picture of what the general public have to cop out at Kotla. I had read on cricinfo that the condition of toilets and seating are as bad. So I was kind of ready for that situation, not wearing an expensive outfit and such things. But what I got was a pleasant surprise. But it was the VIP box. I still don't have an idea what the general public have to suffer from. Yesterday my brother and Mom went to watch the match on general ticket and got drenched when it started pouring. Finally my Mom forced the others to return before the play could resume. I didn't have any such problem the other day because there was solid roof above our boxes. Kotla ground is quite small--much smaller than on which my hubby sometimes goes to play cricket. Entering and leaving the Kotla stadium is nightmarish because of so many security rings. And people just don't sit on their seats to watch the match. They keep standing, be that in VIP box or general stands.

Disappointed to read the experience of your mother and brother. I have only watched matches in Mohali over the past few years and Mohali, I must admit, has one of the best facilities in the country. Even the restrooms were not terrible! The red tape around Kotla is not surprising considering it's in Delhi and I am really surprised you managed to get a VIP enclosure seating at Kotla. In international matches, I just see the top notch politicians in the VIP enclosure! It's relatively easier in places like Mohali, Lucknow, and Kanpur(places where I've seen all my live cricket) to secure such seating. Regarding standing, you really have to do that at all venues. No one watches cricket sitting down in Indian stadiums, unless Gavaskar and Amarnath are playing for a draw I guess.:D

Disappointed to read the experience of your mother and brother. I have only watched matches in Mohali over the past few years and Mohali, I must admit, has one of the best facilities in the country. Even the restrooms were not terrible! The red tape around Kotla is not surprising considering it's in Delhi and I am really surprised you managed to get a VIP enclosure seating at Kotla. In international matches, I just see the top notch politicians in the VIP enclosure! It's relatively easier in places like Mohali, Lucknow, and Kanpur(places where I've seen all my live cricket) to secure such seating. Regarding standing, you really have to do that at all venues. No one watches cricket sitting down in Indian stadiums, unless Gavaskar and Amarnath are playing for a draw I guess.:D
or Dravid and Jaffer :hatsoff: