Depending on Home Grown

Rajiv

Karthick should be coming 1 down after Sehwag and Gambhir. He has typically been coming with a few overs left and you are cursing him for his low scores. Biased may be?
First you said that Karthik should have been batting ahead of the local "bozos" in the last game, only for me to point out to you that Tiwary and Dilshan aren't locals. Now you are saying that he should be batting ahead of Shikhar Dhawan, a batsman who has scored 335 runs @ 42 with 4 fities ? I am pretty sure any neutral observer would think that is absurd, let alone someone who watches each and every game his team plays. And not once did i "curse" Karthik for his low scores. Stop embarrassing yourself, man.

First you said that Karthik should have been batting ahead of the local "bozos" in the last game' date=' only for me to point out to you that Tiwary and Dilshan aren't locals. Now you are saying that he should be batting ahead of Shikhar Dhawan, a batsman who has scored 335 runs @ 42 with 4 fities ? I am pretty sure any neutral observer would think that is absurd, let alone someone who watches each and every game his team plays. And not once did i "curse" Karthik for his low scores. Stop embarrassing yourself, man.[/quote'] My point is he should be playing earlier than where he is now simply because he is an international calibre bat. Sending him with a few overs left, you can't expect him to score much. And you knew it when you listed his string of low scores above. Nothing more embarassing than calling him useless and then equating him to GOD after he saves your team's sorry ass all in the same thread. :giggle:

My point is he should be playing earlier than where he is now simply because he is an international calibre bat. Sending him with a few overs left, you can't expect him to score much. And you knew it when you listed his string of low scores above. Nothing more embarassing than calling him useless and then equating him to GOD after he saves your team's sorry ass all in the same thread. :giggle:
No, on the contrary, i think being caught out for being ill-informed is far more embarrassing. Especially when the poster you are debating with has to explicitly point out to you that the batsmen who batted ahead of Karthik in the last game, weren't in fact, locals...and then telling you that the man you want him to replace at 1 down has scored 335 runs at an average of 42, well...that says a lot more about me than it does about you. Next time you argue with me, make sure you know what you are talking about. The worst i could be accused of is telling it like it is - when the guy wasn't scoring, he deserved criticism. Like any other player really. Speaking of which, can you point out a few posts of mine in which i "cursed" him ?

KKD might have succeeded in tests in Eng, but he sure is no top order batsman. He has repeatedly failed at the top in ODIs. If I were Delhi, I'd try to get in a good 3rd seamer to complement McGrath and Maharoof. They need to play 5 bowlers in every match. Looking at the records of Dilshan, De Villiers and Malik, I'd sell Dilshan and try to get one good seamer. Maybe BRC will take him as Mallya would do anything to change the team composition. MI might be the other option, they don't have too many middle order players. RR is also an option. If I were Delhi, I'd be really really inclined to sell Dhawan (as he might be hot property right now) and get a really good bowler in return and hope that De Villiers and Malik will come good next year which is more than likely.

My point is he should be playing earlier than where he is now simply because he is an international calibre bat
Que? Let look at some numbers Karthiks stats from cricinfo Tests 19 30 1 931 129 32.10 1869 49.81 1 7 125 2 42 5 ODIs 26 20 5 330 63 22.00 473 69.76 0 2 30 2 23 2 T20Is 6 5 1 67 31* 16.75 58 115.51 0 0 9 1 3 2 First-class 57 91 5 2789 134 32.43 4 19 153 15 List A 76 63 7 1533 116* 27.37 1 9 76 16 Twenty20 28 21 5 355 56* 22.18 285 124.56 0 1 38 8 19 8 As a pure batsman, the numbers suggest he shouldnt be in TN starting XI. From where are you getting this international calibre bat argument? On what basis? An international-calibre wicketkeeper-batsman may hold more weight (though I may disagree) but Dilshan definitely can bat better than KKD...Tiwary doesnt have enough international experience, but lets look at his domestic stats shall we Tiwarys stats from cricinfo ODIs 1 1 0 2 2 2.00 16 12.50 0 0 0 0 0 0 First-class 24 35 3 1738 210* 54.31 3090 56.24 6 2 22 0 List A 37 33 4 880 89 30.34 1046 84.13 0 8 19 0 Twenty20 14 12 3 365 58 40.55 296 123.31 0 2 41 2 10 0 Yeah, Tiwary is certainly a better bat than KKD in domestic level (atleast the stats say so)... Hence the justification in putting Dilshan and Tiwary ahead of KKD.

The worst i could be accused of is telling it like it is - when the guy wasn't scoring, he deserved criticism. Like any other player really. Speaking of which, can you point out a few posts of mine in which i "cursed" him ?
I read enough of this forum to know who curses whom. Then again one man's curse is another man's normal language. :--D

I read enough of this forum to know who curses whom. Then again one man's curse is another man's normal language. :--D
...so in other words, what you're saying is - "I couldn't find a single post in which he actually cursed the player, and since he has already made me look rather silly in this thread, i may as well drop in some inane one-liner to deflect attention from me instead of getting embarrassed for the 3rd straight time..."

...so in other words' date=' what you're saying is - [i']"I couldn't find a single post in which he actually cursed the player, and since he has already made me look rather silly in this thread, i may as well drop in some inane one-liner to deflect attention from me instead of getting embarrassed for the 3rd straight time..."
Embarrassment: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=104931