Kohli's innings against Pakistan was 'song of god', legitimised T20 cricket as art: Greg Chappell

On 10/3/2023 at 3:41 AM, sensible-indian said:

For me, Kohlis greatest t20 innings was the one against Aus in 2016 world t20.

Total control.

Like a man possessed.

I think it was the best t20 innings ever played.

Heres why:

Guys like SRT, Viv, Gilly, Sehwag, Lara are monsters and when they get going, you feel helpless.

But deep down, you know there is a chance that they can mess up being too aggressive and you can make a comeback.

But the players that scare me the most and fill me with the dread are those who wont even give you that chance.

Bevan, Dhoni (pre 2015), Hussey, Gambo (prime)....Kohli.

When they get going, you know you are done.

You know you wont get chances.

You know you are going to lose and its inevitable.

You are hoping for a miracle.

Prime Kohli was a guy who made opponents feel that level of hopelessness.

In that 2016 game, Aus always had the upper hand during our chase but all bets were off until Kohli was there.

The way he took the game away from them without giving them a chance must have been soul crushing for them....

Prime Kohli was something else and that innings symbolized what he can truly do.

While i agree with your sentiments.. that Aussie bowling lineup was pretty poor compared to what Pakistan had..also the score was not that high...the pak game was almost hopeless and he had dhoni by his side in that game..here he had a misfiring pandya..on that pitch..even if he got out..2016 dhoni could have hit few sixes if needed.

3 hours ago, straighttalk said:

While i agree with your sentiments.. that Aussie bowling lineup was pretty poor compared to what Pakistan had..also the score was not that high...the pak game was almost hopeless and he had dhoni by his side in that game..here he had a misfiring pandya..on that pitch..even if he got out..2016 dhoni could have hit few sixes if needed.

dhongi was hardly a world beater in t20s though.

5 hours ago, straighttalk said:

Pak chase was defo way more tougher.

But Kohli was in total control against Aus 2016.

If you really think about it...

We can say SRT's twin knocks in CB series finals in Australia were way more tougher than his Sharjah desert storm knocks (with no Mcgrath and Sharjah pitches neutralizing their quicks).

While CB series was amazing...Sharjah was a display of complete and utter mastery by SRT.

He was 100% in control with a THOU SHALL NOT PASS attitude.

That's how Kohli was against Aus 2016.

Aus never had a chance till he was there.

Edited by sensible-indian