One in four who had Pfizer Covid jabs experienced unintended immune response

gattaca

No adverse effects were created by the error, data show, but Cambridge scientists found such vaccines were not perfect and sometimes led to nonsense proteins being made instead of the desired Covid“spike”, which mimics infection and leads to antibody production.

mRNA jabs, such as the ones created by Moderna and Pfizer, use a string of genetic material to tell the body to create a specific protein that safely imitates an infection.

The vaccine is read well enough to create the strong protection against the coronavirus, the scientists say, but the frameshifting issue creates what was, until now, an unknown off-target effect.

The code relating to the Covid vaccines was harmless and no issues were created. However the team say that subsequent mRNA vaccines used for other diseases or infections could, in theory, lead to viable proteins being created that are active in the body.

In this scenario not only is the vaccine not making the right protein, it could lead to a rogue protein being produced.

@BacktoCricaddict

https://news.yahoo.com/more-one-four-had-mrna-171724613.html

Edited by gattaca

This was addressed here in another thread @gattaca

(link below)

This kind of post-market monitoring is critical and am glad we are learning more as the research community makes improvements to mRNA vaccine technology because it holds a lot of promise even for other conditions including cancer treatments. Like all other medical interventions, it will never be perfect for everyone but the clinical trials on 50,000+ people showed a clear and significant benefit/risk ratio allowing us to control the pandemic in record time. It would have been immoral to wait to check for every molecular consequence. We'd still be in the pandemic if we had done that.

Like the article says clearly, there were no harmful effects. From a biological standpoint, it is good to be aware of the possibilities so when they conduct trials for other applications, they can now check for the remote possibility that "rogue" proteins may be created. To be fair, this kind of frameshifting, alternative splicing, unintended proteins being made etc. are happening on a scale of millions per second in our cells right now because our cells are constantly making mRNA and protein and many of these may have rogue potential. But mRNAs are fleeting molecules and also most little floating proteins are quickly destroyed, so any such effect is unlikely to be lingering.

Funny such tests have likely never been conducted for the "traditional" vaccines.

26 minutes ago, gattaca said:

But do traditional vaccines create protein ? I thought they used dead cells to simulate the body response so the body is reacting to foreign cells ?

Traditional vaccines use dead/inactivated viruses which already contain all the viral proteins. The body reacts to these proteins and makes antibodies. As we make antibodies against them, our cells are making new APCs (antibody producing cells) to produce new antibodies against the viral proteins.  These antibodies themselves are new proteins that did not exist before. These vaccines have their own problems, including chances of actually causing an unintended infection due to viral particles not being 100% inactivated (nothing is perfect) and attacking our cells.

The mRNA that is injected only lasts for a day or so (likely even less) in our bodies and is used as a code to make one part of one protein (in this case the spike protein). These proteins have a very short life, perhaps a day or two, within which time our body forms a memory against them.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/do-mrna-vaccines-produce-harmful-junk-proteins-that-gunk-up-the-cell-and-cause-rogue-immune-responses/

Homework. This guy goes into a lot more detail than I can or have the attention span for. No one should argue about mRNA vaccines until they have understood the basics described here.

As an aside, this reminds me of how I completely lost my mind while I was writing my PhD dissertation and my computer was infected with a "wazzu" virus. It would randomly insert the word "wazzu" into my MS Word document but did nothing else. It's not like my hard drive was going to crash.

So, while it was true that my computer had a virus, not all viruses are the same and this one was just an annoyance not a catastrophe. But to me, it felt like a catastrophe. What if this and what if that? My university's IT guy went - "either chill or learn more about how all this works. We got this." I learned to chill.