India vs Afghanistan, 2nd T20I - Indore, 14 Jan

33 minutes ago, harpicP said:

For me it's simple. 

If you bowl 135 to 145 or higher with skills like either ability to bounce players out, bowl consistent lengths to generate bounce of good lengths or you can seam the ball both ways then it's an automatic entry to number 10 and 11 position. Possibly number 9. 

If you lack pace, under 135, so around 127 to 136 range that's fine as long as you have a secondary skill like batting ability to hit 15 to 25 runs. That way you can play as number 8 and even number 7 depending on conditions. 

If you want to be part of the premier bowler quota then I would expect to see steep bounce or the ability to be extremely accurate and relentless in addition to having the ability to move the ball if you are going to be operating below 136. That's the entry ticket to number 9 spot. 

And absolute no to wayward erratic quicks too. Need to move the ball or have the ability to bounce and intimidate batsmen. 

So for umran if he can't bounce out players with his pace or move the ball a bit then ta ta bye bye

That's how it's supposed to be, most of the successful bowlers in the history of cricket are fast and they always mention that pace should be the base on top of which skills should develop.

But somehow in India, commentators like Ashok Malhotra has fed the theories that someone bowling quick is automatically an erratic, brainless bowler with no skill whatsoever...while someone bowling medium pace is a brainy, skillful, accurate bowler.

Bumrah, Shami are Fast bowlers and are accurate & skillful..while we have seen likes of Vinay Kumar, Thiru Kumaran, Paras Mhambrey, Abey Kuruvilla type bowlers who were medium pace but still were poor and were bashed likewise in the internationals.