Gony to replace Sreesanth in Kitply cup and Asia Cup Odi Team

Guest HariSampath

Yeah, we know , amits...they should have selected Sangwan who bowls at 170k or ....I feel they should have brought in the teenage sensation Sanjay Bangar whose slower one is 187.5k......and we all know Gony is selected because he is Dhoni's half brother and also plays for Chennai....anyways goodluck Gony !!! Show them you can do this !!

Its ok that he got selected. Whether he'll find a place in the XI is another question. Usually, the pitches in Bangladesh are belters and this may not be the ideal start that Gony may have wanted. Quite a few of the Indian pacers have debuted in Sri Lanka and then never to be seen again. But atleast, it shows that he is in the selectors radar for sure and that they showed more faith in him than the likes of Agarkar, Munaf, and VRV. Perhaps Dhoni liked what he saw in Gony as well, which may have influenced the selectors. I didnt see him bowl a slower one in the IPL, maybe I missed it. He can improve a lot in his bowling still.

Yeah' date=' we know , amits...they should have selected Sangwan who bowls at 170k or ....I feel they should have brought in the teenage sensation Sanjay Bangar whose slower one is 187.5k......and we all know Gony is selected because he is Dhoni's half brother and also plays for Chennai....anyways goodluck Gony !!! Show them you can do this !![/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Gr8 1 HS...:two_thumbs_up: Sanjay Bandar's slower 1 at 187.5 ...awesome :haha:

gony selection is based purely on ipl whereas selecting pankaj singh or sudip tyagi who have done well in domestic cricket would have been better. they could have even selected shantanu pitre of mp who is only the 2nd indian fast bowler to have a "right arm fast" written in cricinfo profile. we all know cricinfo is very anti-india, so if they have a indian fast bowler as "right arm fast" like ishant sharma, then he might also be a 150 kph+ bowler

gony selection is based purely on ipl whereas selecting pankaj singh or sudip tyagi who have done well in domestic cricket would have been better.
This is a flawed theory. Gony did well in the Deodhar Trophy, which is a 50 over competition. This is worth much more than any amount of FC (4 day) performances when considering ODI selection.
they could have even selected shantanu pitre of mp who is only the 2nd indian fast bowler to have a "right arm fast" written in cricinfo profile. we all know cricinfo is very anti-india' date=' so if they have a indian fast bowler as "right arm fast" like ishant sharma, then he might also be a 150 kph+ bowler[/quote'] Don't take that for anything, right arm fast is often a default for cricketers who are very unknown by cricinfo.
goni selection seems to be influenced by dhoni
100%
Maybe his attitude or work ethic is what impressed Dhoni
Next will be Badrinath
Balaji is legend. Legend is Balaji.
Yes, MSD doesn't need legends.
Dhoni helps Gony...:two_thumbs_up:
Nope, he just picked him up!
gony is a bit overrated imo
yes, over-rated by MSD. I think he has just rated Badrinath so he has sometime to be in the squad.
Balaji should have selected since he usually plays well against Pak.
he is not 100% fit

he might hv replaced sreesanth, but d question is will he b able 2 find a place in d final 11 rpsingh, irfan pathan, ishant sharma, praveen kumar n piyush chawla with this sort of line-up, where will he find himself?? or, will dhoni give preference to his csk teammate goni, and drop praveen kumar??