Cost of Indian cricket bats!

LordPrabhzy

A abit of a left field topic.

As I am commencing starting to play club cricket here in UK after many years, I wanted to get a new bat. I was looking at some standard Grade 2/3 bats from India like SS, SG from retailers there and I was shocked at the cost of bats back home. LIke 50-80K Rs for one.. i mean who are the people that can afford it? I ended up ordering the similar kind of bat (Grade 3) from a Uk retailer and it was less cost for me compared to India after factoring the courier delivery costs.

Has the IPL affect made the bats rise up in price for the average Indian? You'd think that the stuff that is made in india should cost comparatively less than the UK retail price for the same product. I agree the cost of willow might have gone up a bit due to the inflationary period but i found it shocking to say the least

14 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

A abit of a left field topic.

As I am commencing starting to play club cricket here in UK after many years, I wanted to get a new bat. I was looking at some standard Grade 2/3 bats from India like SS, SG from retailers there and I was shocked at the cost of bats back home. LIke 50-80K Rs for one.. i mean who are the people that can afford it? I ended up ordering the similar kind of bat (Grade 3) from a Uk retailer and it was less cost for me compared to India after factoring the courier delivery costs.

Has the IPL affect made the bats rise up in price for the average Indian? You'd think that the stuff that is made in india should cost comparatively less than the UK retail price for the same product. I agree the cost of willow might have gone up a bit due to the inflationary period but i found it shocking to say the least

English willow bats are always expensive. SG makes English willow bats. Try Kashmir willow bats. Just as good and a fraction of the price.