Full toss Test

vvvslaxman

3 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

But he has to raise his game as well. In all the knockout and crunch games, his performances have been way below par. That's why someone like McGrath is so highly rated - the guy used to raise his games in big moments and against better opponents. Bumrah, like Kohli, Rohit, KL etc. under-performs when it matters.

I blame kohli ans rohit for that. Their ineptitude and poor performances plus poor mentality is pervasive amongst the team. 

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

2017 i won't hold agianst him. He was very new. Very raw. He wasn't like a legend already.  He didn't bowl badly in any of the tournaments.  Batsmen at times had to step up. They didn't do. We expect him to run through sides in limited overs with not many slips.  Let down is actually what SSteyn did. He just had to bowl one good over in the semi final. He failed. That is not what Bumrah did. In such a situation i back Bumrah to save the day for us. iin wc 2023 final firt over he created a chance. Not his fault if they didn't hang on to it. FIrst of all we either put up a ridiculously small total or  we fail to chase ssmall total. It is almost always the batsmen 90%. 

Thing is Bumrah has never raised his game when it counts. What's the point of being the best when you can't get it done when it really matters? I mean he should've managed to make a difference at least once, which he hasn't - similar to our "experienced" top order. 

7 hours ago, Kron said:

I blame kohli ans rohit for that. Their ineptitude and poor performances plus poor mentality is pervasive amongst the team. 

We already know that cometh pressure situations, goeth our top order. But Bumrah hasn't done much either. I struggle to recall even a single noteworthy performance in a knockout game.

13 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

We already know that cometh pressure situations, goeth our top order. But Bumrah hasn't done much either. I struggle to recall even a single noteworthy performance in a knockout game.

Bumrah got Guptill for 1 run in 14 balls. His first spell was 4-1-10-1

You know when he bowled his next over?

32nd over when NZ was 120/2

In that over

13 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

32nd over when NZ was 120/2. He was brought on after 24 overs by Kohli.

In that very first over of second spell  he had Taylor edge and Dhoni put down.

I have to say both Kohli and Rohit made him look worse than he is. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

32nd over when NZ was 120/2. He was brought on after 24 overs by Kohli.

In that very first over of second spell  he had Taylor edge and Dhoni put down.

I have to say both Kohli and Rohit made him look worse than he is. 

That's true as well. If you want to ruin someone, make them play under Kohli as we see at RCB

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

That's true as well. If you want to ruin someone, make them play under Kohli as we see at RCB

yes in terms of skill, pace, ability Bumrah is ahead of CUmmins/Hazlewood/Starc. But  they collectively click with the support of fantastic fielders and smart captaincy. First step towards building a strong fielding unit is to back youngsters not these washed up slow moving oldies. You know you start with a disadvantage when you ssee guys like Rohit, Kohli (who can't catch), Chahal, 

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

yes in terms of skill, pace, ability Bumrah is ahead of CUmmins/Hazlewood/Starc. But  they collectively click with the support of fantastic fielders and smart captaincy. First step towards building a strong fielding unit is to back youngsters not these washed up slow moving oldies. You know you start with a disadvantage when you ssee guys like Rohit, Kohli (who can't catch), Chahal, 

Lack of youngsters is killing us. We were able to win in Aus coz of youngsters, and yet we somehow go back to oldies who haven't won anything and won't win anything either.

I thought the win against Aus in Aus would be the watershed moment for us where we finally let go off the "experience" baggage but here we are, back to square one, as if the Aus series didn't even happen! And we continue to ignore the lessons from WT20 2007 where we rested likes of SRT, Ganguly, Dravid, Laxman, Zaheer etc. and went with young players and a new captain. Yet somehow we don't back youngsters like Abhishek and even the ones who've proved themselves such as Rinku.

On 5/5/2024 at 2:23 PM, Ultimate_Game said:

I thought the win against Aus in Aus would be the watershed moment for us where we finally let go off the "experience" baggage but here we are, back to square one, as if the Aus series didn't even happen! And we continue to ignore the lessons from WT20 2007 where we rested likes of SRT, Ganguly, Dravid, Laxman, Zaheer etc. and went with young players and a new captain. Yet somehow we don't back youngsters like Abhishek and even the ones who've proved themselves such as Rinku.

nope. eggsperience and trundlers trump all