Team India needs to use the template set by SRH, KKR or RR

Ultimate_Game

In IPL, domestic players, who have improved their game, get to play in familiar conditions making them relatively more effective. 

Also to use such a template, T20I team should have these type of batsmen (depending on form):  Abhishek, Jaiswal, SKY, Parag, Dube, Rinku, Ashutosh, Shashank, Tewatia, etc. 

4 hours ago, TellTheTruth said:

I agree with all this about IPL stars being selfish but they are still batting faster then they have been in past IPLs. Something is clearly wrong in the current IPL In how much batting is dominating. Chris Gayle only had one season in IPL where he had a strike rate over 165, now it seems like every team has multiple Batsman with strike rates over 180 and averages above 30. The Impact sub is clearly tilted things too far in favor of Batting.

It's because batting has evolved, and the other teams are actually making the most of the Impact Player by taking more risks. But our superstars are still the same. I give benefit of doubt to Rohit as he's genuinely trying his best - the same way he did the World Cup - but he's past it. It's tragic that Rohit played the inaugural WT20 tourney way back in 2007, and here we are almost 20 years down the road and we still have him in the team :sad_smile:

On 4/21/2024 at 12:25 PM, zen said:

In IPL, domestic players, who have improved their game, get to play in familiar conditions making them relatively more effective. 

Also to use such a template, T20I team should have these type of batsmen (depending on form):  Abhishek, Jaiswal, SKY, Parag, Dube, Rinku, Ashutosh, Shashank, Tewatia, etc. 

We have been saying this since 2015. Change selections. But bcci only care about passage. Such a shame. So many talents missing out. India can produce a champion t20 team. Need to take affirmative action first by not just blinding selecting based on average. Look at power hitting, strike rate, ability to play under pressure wtc.

On 4/21/2024 at 12:57 PM, Ultimate_Game said:

It's because batting has evolved, and the other teams are actually making the most of the Impact Player by taking more risks. But our superstars are still the same. I give benefit of doubt to Rohit as he's genuinely trying his best - the same way he did the World Cup - but he's past it. It's tragic that Rohit played the inaugural WT20 tourney way back in 2007, and here we are almost 20 years down the road and we still have him in the team :sad_smile:

Shame? Bcci is disgraceful. Should be ashamed of themselves for picking based on other formats lmao.