India and T20 the riddle unsolved

Who should make an entry in T20 squad per talent and merit  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a seperate team and coach

Although India has won 1 T20 title and there were few reasons for it, it was a new format. We were going with a forced new team. The game had not evolved much and people were looking at it as a smaller ODI game. In my view India [Selectors and Management] have not quite figured out in 2 decades that T20 is a game of S/R and not Ave, we should have gotten rid on the ODI stalwarts long time back and should have had the foresight to not fall behind.

There should be separate management, teams and coach for T20 format, Indian T20 team can be compared to RCB, top heavy team, batters who bat at 130 S/R and have good average but end up scoring subpar most times. We have good enough talent but not being nurtured, brave decisions, or even logical decisions not being made. The bowlers picked up are mediocre or medium pacers, this is a game of Scoring fast and taking wickets primarily. One does not normally win a game with medium pacers; we need at least 2 bowlers in the team who are Fast to Fast medium in the team. We are not trying or giving enough chances to the all-rounders and being over dependent on a letdown called Pandya.

We tend to pick up bits and pieces players to elongate our batting and mediocre spinners, how can you rationalize the selection of Ashwin, Jadeja in the T20 team. I hope I am proven wrong but seems like we don't have a serious chance to beat top T20 teams on average, only thing that my save us is slow and low tracks in Carribean and if then foster low scores. I seriously do not see Kohli, Rohit, Jadeja, Ashwin, Ishan, guys like Harshal, Bhuvi, even Avesh, Arshdeeep on current form.

Our team should have,

Samson/Pant

Abhishek

Surya

Rinku

Parag

Shivam

Shahbaz/Axar [spin all rounder]

Nitesh

Bumrah

Harshit/Kuldeep

Mayank

Khalil/Mohsin

I agree we have the players just need to be groomed, backed and with some experience we can turn it around. We all have England post 2015 as an example. Maybe we need a coach like Vettori look at what he has done at SRH. Look at how Indian players from that team are batting and what not many are talking about is how they hardy use spinners, its an all pace attack. 

What BCCI has done is it gave too much power to the stars, selectors and management do not have the will or guts to make tough calls.

We have wasted so many talented players, commercial interest are the sole criteria sometimes.

We had the same team failing for a decade or more in T20 and nothing is done.

BCCI as a sports body is too political, we still select and back players that might just make it or might not in a C grade or Associate team.