Captain Dhoni

flamy

well v lost coz out batsmen din apply themselves..this is a batting beauty and their attack is no where close to potent..v were getting starts but the batsmen threw it away..v jus needed one big partnership..anyway it doesn matter the ASIA CUP wud be ours :two_thumbs_up:

I agree that he should have come before Raina. But, we still had a chance but for that weird three overs where Pathan couldn't touch any ball. Also, mistake giving Chawla his full quota. Should at least give Chawla confidence that his captain believes in him.

Guest Hiten.

Captain Dhoni There, he said it !!!

Dhoni: "They got off to a decent start but after that Salman and Younis batted brilliantly. They took on the spinners' date=' took risks and pulled it off. We could have done better but i won't like to take any credit of him. In batting, we lost wickets regularly.[b'] Yes there was pressure on me. I promoted Raina and I didn't have partners in the end. I admit i made some mistakes there but one can only learn from all this. The food over here was very good and I love the crowd. We would like to come back soon and entertain them."
Now for the love of god, stop tagging him as: coward, selfish, retard and what not. Thank you

People who call him these things are fuc...aaah, you know what i mean. Long story short - Dhoni is the MAN. Inspirational captain, leads from the front, takes on responsibility and is unafraid to absorb the pressure of any situation. He walked in at 5 down (never easy to score from that kind of position) and then even after Yuvraj's departure at 187/6, he added a good 100 runs and took India oh so close. Tremendous batting, almost heroic i'd say. Some gimps will talk rubbish about his captaincy, but to be fair - a captain can only be as good as the players. Almost every single bowler today bar maybe Praveen Kumar was bowling tripe. Not much one can do when the batsmen are on top and even more so when catches go down (ie; Rohit dropping Salman Buttocks on 19).

Guest Hiten.

It is sad to see our bowlers being canned on Subcontinental pitches :((. Our bowlers need to buck up or we need to find new bowlers who can bowl on these kinda pitches. Ishant and RP look completely out of steam on 'not so' bowler friendly pitches. IKP is just bloody useless with the ball, only thing that is keeping him in the side is his batting ability. Chawla is young, but he needs to adapt to conditions quickly because "he is still young" is cliche when you are being spanked all around the park. I don't know what is keeping Zaheer out of the Indian team he has to be in the team especially when we are playing in the subcontinent. I hope SRT keeps himself out of the ODI squad. Our batting line up is pretty decent and we can at least hope 250 from these lads. Bowlers have to buck up now (esp. Ishant and RP)

It is sad to see our bowlers being canned on Subcontinental pitches :((. Our bowlers need to buck up or we need to find new bowlers who can bowl on these kinda pitches. Ishant and RP look completely out of steam on 'not so' bowler friendly pitches.
What do you expect them to do on dead pitches like the one today ? Even the Australian bowlers got whipped in India, and they are the best in the business. Fact is, dead pitches turn ODIs into a batsman's game. Stop being so negative
Guest Hiten.
What do you expect them to do on dead pitches like the one today ? Even the Australian bowlers got whipped in India' date=' and they are the best in the business. Fact is, dead pitches turn ODIs into a batsman's game. Stop being so negative[/quote'] Bhai mere, dead pitch or not. Our bowlers have to adapt to these kinda pitches because they are inbred on these sorta wickets when they started playing domestic cricket. If an Indian bowler can't bowl on Indian pitches, isn't that sad and ridiculous ? What good is a bowler who depends on Pitch/weather conditions to get wickets (a la James Anderson) ? Btw, WC is in Subcontinent. Its sad to say, but we have to adapt to our own conditions if we are to be 'invincible' at home.
Bhai mere, dead pitch or not. Our bowlers have to adapt to these kinda pitches because they are inbred on these sorta wickets when they started playing domestic cricket. If an Indian bowler can't bowl on Indian pitches, isn't that sad and ridiculous ? What good is a bowler who depends on Pitch/weather conditions to get wickets (a la James Anderson) ? Btw, WC is in Subcontinent. Its sad to say, but we have to adapt to our own conditions if we are to be 'invincible' at home.
The current batting lineup is good enough to win India matches, and the bowlers are good enough to take wickets on slower, turning tracks. That's all India needs. And you are forgetting that India has an excellent record in the subcontinent dating all the way back to October of '05 when SL first came here. There is not a whole lot seamers can do on these pitches, BTW. The first hour or two in the morning, and then under lights with the dew coming in are the only periods when seamers can get something out of the pitch. Cut them some slack.
Guest Hiten.
The current batting lineup is good enough to win India matches, and the bowlers are good enough to take wickets on slower, turning tracks. That's all India needs. And you are forgetting that India has an excellent record in the subcontinent dating all the way back to October of '05 when SL first came here. There is not a whole lot seamers can do on these pitches, BTW. The first hour or two in the morning, and then under lights with the dew coming in are the only periods when seamers can get something out of the pitch. Cut them some slack.
Batting won't help India win games on consistent basis my friend. For instance today's game. No doubt our batsmen gave everything in, but chasing mammoth totals is not easy. Can you please provide me with some stats that show India's excellent record in subcontinent ? Sure seamers can't do anything on dead track (i.e they can't buy swing and bounce) but they certainly can bowl smartly and at least contain the batsmen. If bowlers contain the batsmen, I think our batting line up has enough power to chase it down. Anything over 300, you are asking for trouble.