Are WI finally on the rise?

Calypso: Young WI I just got done with the shortened T20 - a 11 over slogfest. While it is not much to go by, I was really impressed with the way WI chased down the Aus score. Their openers got them to such a start that the required rate was reduced to a run a ball. From then on, it was easy-peasy. If Bravo is the next in line to take the reigns of captaincy, WI will be in good hands - in the hands of a charismatic leader who is an excellent ODI player. I feel WI will be a much improved ODI side. They have got some quick bowlers in Taylor and Edwards. The nee guy Roach was their best bowler today. They've got an unusually tall spinner in Benn. Their batting will be mainly Chanderpaul, Gayle and Sarwan with Bravo being the finisher. Now Marshall seems up to the task of opening for them. I can't wait for the ODI series to begin as it will have some young Aussies too, with Shaun Marsh who will definitely be opening I feel. :yay:

More on Marshall. I couldn't follow the Test series, but I heard there was a tussle (sledging-wise) between Lee and Marshall and that XM gave it back without any reservations. Coupled with that fearlessness (which seems to be an epidemic spread by our team :), the man has got good technique. He started the match with an effortless six that he pulled off Lee over the square leg boundary. Then, the next ball he went for an ugly slog and the commentators noted that he needn't do that. He realised his mistake then, and started to play naturally. The key for WI was that they ran excellently between the wickets and thus were running away with the match. The second over from M. Johnson went for 20 runs, with XM hitting 1 four and 2 sixes. The first six was pulled again whereas the other one was hit over midwicket. This Marshall guy is an awesome hitter. All the three sixes went a fair distance and would have been sixes in all the grounds. Coupled with his hitting prowess, he has shown good temperament in the tests. An excellent opening prospect for WI. Also, impressive in this match was Kemar Roach, who was hitting 90 mph and picked up two wickets. He is only 20 and WI would do well to give him proper coaching so that his pace doesn't fade away as it has for his counterparts. He held a decent line and length for his pace and was mixing it up with slower balls too. He looks to be a confident lad and didn't make much hoopla about getting his first wickets. Just went about his job, unawed. WI are producing a lot of short (compared to their standards) fast bowlers now. They have a good lineup in Taylor, Edwards, Roach and Bravo. Wonder what happened to Tino Best. Powell seems to have faded off though he still finds a place in the team. There is also Sammy to complete their bowling line-up. Their batting will of course revolve around Chanderpaul and Sarwan. Morton is also a decent middle-order bat. Bravo is very important to the team. In fact, he is the MVP. He has made and will be depended upon to make important contributions in both batting and bowling. He seems to be the next in line for captaincy and that will only augur well for WI.