The Difference

Guest BossBhai

well there is no question that SRT is the undisputed greatest ODI batsmen ever..and his records in ODI cricket are meant to stay for eternity jus like Bradmans 99.94 test avg..its jus that some mindless and stupid ppl criticize his batting exploits in the finals of ODI tournaments or the so called "big stage"..as u said lets leave the gr8 man alone as he is gonna be around for only a short time and enjoy his genius rather than wasting time on criticizing it..he is once in a lifetime player let alone generation and Indian cricket as a matter of fact the world cricket wud miss him once he decides to hang his boots :(( SRT IS LIFE :icflove::two_thumbs_up:

Namakaara Saar !! .. Yes the numbers are broken down by batting position. Even as openers you either bat at 1 (take strike) or be the non-striker. SRT prefers to be the non-striker.
Doh! I see it now; I also see Ganguly's stats at #1 below. I jumped the gun.

Sachin figured out pretty early in his career, that statistically, the chances of getting out were higher if he took strike as an opener because of first over blues, usually facing up to the opposition's best pace bowler, and the fact that the non-striker gets several valuable deliveries to study the pitch from the other end. Just a cursory look at the openers in the list doesn't bear out this assumption though. While Ganguly does far better as a non-striker- a 10 run differential, in fact, as does Kirsten, the reverse holds true for Jayasuriya and Haynes, who do better taking strike. Boss might take a broader look at all incumbents to see if a pattern emerges.

Guest dada_rocks
Kya dudes. Abbe itni bar Ram/Allah/(insert your God here) ka naam liya hota to kahaan se kahaan pahunch jaate tum. Enough of Boss-ism already:hysterical:.
Usi kahana se kahan se to dar hai Isis liye to nahin liya ,dekh nahin rahe ho daily five-timers ka haal is duniya mein.. :--D