No rift in Team India: BCCI

NEW DELHI: The Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) on Sunday sought to scotch media reports of a rift in the Indian team, saying that there was complete harmony in the team. A television channel had reported that there is rift between skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and senior batsman Virender Sehwag following the Delhi batsman's exclusion from the team in the last match against Bangladesh. The report even went on to claim that the BCCI had sought a report from the team manager Aravind Ganguly on the matter. BCCI vice president Rajiv Shukla denied that there was any problem in the team and said that the Board had not asked for any report from the team manager. "We have no such information about a rift in the team and nor we have sought any report from the manager on any incident," Shukla said. Reacting to Dhoni's criticism of crammed Asia Cup schedule, Shukla said BCCI could not do much in that. "The Asia Cup schedule has been drawn up by the Asian Cricket Council and since India is a member of the ACC, we are participating in the tournament. The BCCI was not directly involved in the drawing up the schedule," Shukla said. The BCCI Vice President rather snubbed the Indian captain saying any player, who wanted rest could inform the Board. "If any player is tired or finding it hard he can inform the Board. That is why we have created a large pool of players so that everybody gets a chance whenever it is required," Shukla said.
................................ I hate rajeev shukla , this guy was journalist then became a TV host , then joined congress and now holds a top post BCCI .. wonder what he has done in his life to be associated with cricket ...
Guest dada_rocks

Rajeev shukla is a mororn no doubt but I think TV channels here are just stirring *****.. hey those n number of reporters have wife and kids to feet and when there is nothign to report they will invent crap and all powers ot them for that.. this is harmless crap and let it flow..

i don't understand..how Rajiv Shukla gets to hold his position in BCCI irrespective of who is in the power in BCCI.. in the times of Dalmia...he was vice President..in times of Pawar as well...he is VP... and even if BJP comes in power...in BCCI...as in Arun Jaitley becomes BCCI president..even then Congressi Shukla Ji will get to hold on to his post.. It helps to be close to Sonia Gandhi...:winky:

Rajeev Shukla, thy name is sifarish/corruption/nepotism. But seriously, our TV news is the worst thing ever happened to India. I mean those reporters and eye catching anchors have no clue what-so-ever. They don't even bother to do a little of basic homework these days.

Rajeev Shukla, thy name is sifarish/corruption/nepotism. But seriously, our TV news is the worst thing ever happened to India. I mean those reporters and eye catching anchors have no clue what-so-ever. They don't even bother to do a little of basic homework these days.
yes its just becoming more and more pathetic. I dont care (in fact appreciate ) if there are more reports on poor villagers , crime in small towns , racism , castism , corrupt politicians etc but the news channels seem to be obsessed with Bhajji and I sharma's pay package. Media has made india stronger though but politicians settled the issue of sting operations once and for all !

I agree with all of you on all the points above: 1. Rajiv Shukla is a moron: yes- its written on his face. Look at him and you know that he is a moron. 2. Rajiv Shukla is a big politician: He is the yes man. Shamelessly shifting loyalty with power. 3. Indian news sucks: I can not believe how lower they can get.

I agree with all of you on all the points above: 1. Rajiv Shukla is a moron: yes- its written on his face. Look at him and you know that he is a moron. 2. Rajiv Shukla is a big politician: He is the yes man. Shamelessly shifting loyalty with power. 3. Indian news sucks: I can not believe how lower they can get.
:hysterical: I realized that Mr Shukla is a moron long before he entered politics. I remember him from the time when he used to host the talk show on EL Tv (some Zee channel), I remember him cuz he used to say "mitlay hain BRAAAKE ke baad "
:hysterical: I realized that Mr Shukla is a moron long before he entered politics. I remember him from the time when he used to host the talk show on EL Tv (some Zee channel)' date=' I remember him cuz he used to say "mitlay hain BRAAAKE ke baad "[/quote'] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Yeah, I remember he used to host some program.
HaHaHa..many educated people from Jatt land arounf Delhi...still pronounce..school as "sakool" and scooter as "sakootar"
Yup thats very common in UP, they pronounce it e-skool and e-sccoter but yaar they are not on TV ! to Mr Shukla for being a moron :finger: I hate him ... I just hate him
HaHaHa..many educated people from Jatt land arounf Delhi...still pronounce..school as "sakool" and scooter as "sakootar"
And some pronounce scale as iscale. I could never understand why someone would add an i before scale. The same people pronounce school as iskool. Sakool is still understandable....but iskool? Where the hell the i came from?:omg: