LMAO: Journalists storm out of Lawson conference

h4te

his days are numbered. coaches of india and pakistan ought to tear a page out of the gary kirsten coaching manual page 1: "thou shall not be a public spectacle... thou shall not be a public spectacle... thou shall not be a public spectacle... in all other cases, refer to the previous sentence." however, there is ray of hope... hope for greater humor: javed miandad might return as coach! good times ahead boys!

Now lawson makes a public apology:hysterical:
He apologized through a statement issued by PCB. Clearly he is still in an offensive frame of mind. He should have directly apologized. Its his job to teach players how to keep cool. Now should PCB appoint another coach to coach the coach?

Ultimatum to Lawson: Final or out FORMER Australian paceman Geoff Lawson is facing the sack as coach of Pakistan, according to reports in the country. More... Ultimatum to Lawson: Final or out July 01, 2008 12:34pm FORMER Australian paceman Geoff Lawson is facing the sack as coach of Pakistan, according to reports in the country. Pakistan have suffered back-to-back defeats against India and Sri Lanka at the Asia Cup and the Karachi-based newspaper, The News, claims Pakistan Cricket Board sources have told them Lawson would be axed if Pakistan did not make Sunday's final. Pakistan would have to beat both India tomorrow and Bangladesh on Friday to achieve that. Meanwhile Lawson has issued a handwritten letter to journalists apologising "unconditionally" for his part in the heated press conference which followed his side's defeat to Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup yesterday. Journalists stormed out of Lawson's post-match address after he told a senior local reporter to improve his English. Reporters also claimed Lawson tried to lay down some ground rules at the start of the conference, saying: "Don't make statements, ask questions. If someone asks a question twice, I won't answer it. "Make questions sensible, otherwise I won't answer it.'' Lawson initially apologised through a Pakistan Cricket Board statement. "What happened was regrettable and I would like to apologise for the events that led to the incident,'' he said. But when journalists refused to accept the apology - and wore black armbands while protesting for 15 minutes outside the National Stadium on Monday - a second statement in Lawson's own handwriting and signature was released. While appeased by the second statement, journalists were still believed to be expecting an apology in person from Lawson after Pakistan's training session today. Lawson says he has the full support of the PCB, but the reports in Pakistan claim the incident had put him one step closer to being dumped.

so yet another coach is getting the boot in pakistan... i wonder how pakistan will attract best coaching talent in these conditions... they will have to settle with the some pakistani coaching material... and i think they committed a mistake when they did not give the job to whatmore... now i don't think any foreigner will apply for a job there... PCB should sit down and should set realistic targets...how can they reach in final when there are two teams India and Srilanka playing in the same tournament...

so yet another coach is getting the boot in pakistan... i wonder how pakistan will attract best coaching talent in these conditions... they will have to settle with the some pakistani coaching material... and i think they committed a mistake when they did not give the job to whatmore... now i don't think any foreigner will apply for a job there... PCB should sit down and should set realistic targets...how can they reach in final when there are two teams India and Srilanka playing in the same tournament...
Pakistan has changed some more than 13 coaches in last one and half years. They are just crazy. Poor lawson, they gave him a screw driver and asked him to dig up the Himalaya.:-D
Whatmore was ruled out by players and players opted for Lawson. Whatmore is a known taskmaster....not comfortable for Pakistani stars. Afridi had openly spoken against Whatmore. He obviously does not like being told to bat with responsibility. Akhtar does not like coaches to tell him how to bowl. So Whatmore was ruled out and Lawson was taken. When players chose a coach, the coach serves the players and not the team.