LMAO: Journalists storm out of Lawson conference

h4te

Journalists stormed out of Geoff Lawson's press conference as tempers frayed after Pakistan's 64-run loss to Sri Lanka, which pushed the hosts to the brink of elimination. A visibly irate Lawson, Pakistan's coach, attended in place of captain Shoaib Malik and immediately set down some ground rules. "Couple of rules before we start. Don't make statements, ask questions. If someone asks a question twice, I won't answer it. Make questions sensible, otherwise I won't answer it." A senior journalist then asked him whether he was dictating to the media several times, prompting Lawson to tell him to "improve his English." Lawson then pointed his finger at another reporter's face and told him, "If you are rude I'll have to leave." He then made to walk off, decided against it and walked back in. At this point, another senior local journalist led a boycott and the entire multinational media contingent walked out, an indicator of the poor relationship Lawson has had with the local media. Lawson, who was appointed in August 2007, has had a troubled time in Pakistan. After Pakistan lost to South Africa in Karachi, in his first Test as coach, he attended a fractious post-match conference. Since then, his interactions with the media have been mostly cool, often tense. To add to his troubles, Pakistan's on-field performances since he took over have been poor. The Pakistan board, and a number of players privately have been unimpressed by his contributions. A couple of officials told Cricinfo during the Kitply Cup that Lawson's position, as well as that of the captain, were under the scanner and performances in the Asia Cup would be instrumental in deciding his future. He has also had a difficult time with the selection committee since his arrival, with several documented run-ins over selection. In an interview to an Australian radio station, he criticised the ad-hoc manner in which selectors operate in Pakistan. The committee, in turn, is less than impressed with his contributions till now. With Pakistan almost out of the tournament - they need to beat India and Bangladesh and hope for other results to go their way - it is almost certain Lawson's position will come under review after the tournament, if not over the next few days. Osman Samiuddin is Pakistan editor of Cricinfo © Cricinfo http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/asiacup/content/current/story/358666.html
LMAO!

Ah, Malik is extra defensive- he is hiding. Lawson, who most probably had a fight with Malik after the match is extra offensive. Get ready for some thrilling entertainment for the next few days....media stories, statements from players (Afridi wont let this chance go), statements from Miadad, Imran, Wasim, e-mails from PCB chief (somehow leaked to the media).....ending in rolling heads and some fresh controversy.

Ah' date=' Malik is extra defensive- he is hiding. Lawson, who most probably had a fight with Malik after the match is extra offensive. Get ready for some thrilling entertainment for the next few days....media stories, statements from players (Afridi wont let this chance go), statements from Miadad, Imran, Wasim, e-mails from PCB chief (somehow leaked to the media).....ending in rolling heads and some fresh controversy.[/quote'] So true, Domaink. So, so true!:haha:
lol....I think he is done. He will be packing his bags as soon as he reaches home tonight.
I think he really must leave Pakistan to head back to Australia.... Pakistani people won't kill him...never killed him in the first place... I still feel some black people did in WC 07 and blamed straight on Pakistani people :nervous: Whether Lawson may leave or not, but we can't attack on him because it's matter of Champion Trophy which lies on our country reputation at stake now.....If we do that, then Pakistan will never able to host Champion Trophy... I don't care specifically about Pakistan performance at the moment, but was keen to learn about security in Pakistan...so far has been successful ...Pakistan is safe to play...That will shut Australian cricketers mouth :--D
Ah' date=' Malik is extra defensive- he is hiding. Lawson, who most probably had a fight with Malik after the match is extra offensive. Get ready for some thrilling entertainment for the next few days....media stories, statements from players (Afridi wont let this chance go), statements from Miadad, Imran, Wasim, e-mails from PCB chief (somehow leaked to the media).....ending in rolling heads and some fresh controversy.[/quote'] Pakistani media always amaze me for some reasons....from the beginning of Lord test 06 till now....It's we have been pointing on controversies than performances of Pakistan :haha:
Lawson should leave pak before he gets murdered....ala woolmer. (no racist)
:hysterical: The PCB made a press statement to the Aussies to learn from a fellow Aussie, Lawson and how he is not concerned about being in Pakistan. Basically an open challenge to the terrorists. :cantstop::cantstop::cantstop:

It is the beginning of the end. The wheels are coming off for Lawson. When he was first made coach, he was all courteous with the Pak media. Now that he knows he's about to leave, he doesnt feel obligated to be the same with them.

cant really blame him . These journalists ask some stupid questions. I remember a reporter asking Malik after the T20 WC final "aapko final mein pahunchnay ki jada khushi hai yaan final haarnay ka gum" (are u MORE happy that pak reached final or r u More sad cuz pak lost the final). What kind of question is this ? Also, lawson cant really do much. The team that he has got is pathetic and pakis are still trying to find another Miandad and Phaaast bowlers. Its not that pak is losing games because of poor coaching. What can poor Lawson do to stop this downfall of Pak cricket. He can not get Akthar to come to practice , or Malik to get smarter and use or pick a side that can give a fight. There is no bench strength , first class cricket is phaked ... what can this poor guy do !

I think he really must leave Pakistan to head back to Australia.... Pakistani people won't kill him...never killed him in the first place... I still feel some black people did in WC 07 and blamed straight on Pakistani people :nervous: Whether Lawson may leave or not, but we can't attack on him because it's matter of Champion Trophy which lies on our country reputation at stake now.....If we do that, then Pakistan will never able to host Champion Trophy... I don't care specifically about Pakistan performance at the moment, but was keen to learn about security in Pakistan...so far has been successful ...Pakistan is safe to play...That will shut Australian cricketers mouth :--D
do u think that there is a coach on this planet who can turn around things for Pak. I mean how can a coach fix issues like first class cricket , doping etc
do u think that there is a coach on this planet who can turn around things for Pak. I mean how can a coach fix issues like first class cricket ' date=' doping etc[/quote'] No way. They will only find another person who would sacrifice all self respect and humiliate himself for some easy money for another year.