Did Sri Lanka underperform purposely?

Guest dada_rocks

MalikBrother finally a sensible sample ..how do u keep yourself sane surrounded by loony conspiracy theorist dude

If you look at Sri Lanka players body language, then you can get the whole picture...really lost respect for Sri Lanka....But hey...i don't have right to force him to choose :winky: After reading the comments from several forums including Aussie, England, and Sri Lanka forum, and they all are saying the same thing....They were afraid to face Pakistan even though they had defeated Pakistan.... or perhaps they were afraid because Pakistan can bounce back any time after losing and beside, Pakistan has dominated Sri Lanka in the past as well :--D ...I shouldn't be saying, but the argument about this still going on several forums including this site now :--D
With generous fanning of debates by Pakistani fans, no doubt. It's a myth to somehow suppose Pakistan has a better record against SL than India recently. Over the last 20 matches, India have beaten SL 11 times, with six losses and 3 no results, a W:L ratio of 1.83 Over the last 20, Pakistan have also won 11 v SL, but lost 8, with 1 NR, a W:L ratio of 1.375. It suits Pakistani fans to delude thmselves that SL somehow should be more scared of them than India, but sadly recent record doesn't back that up.

this is very unlike the sri lankan side it is unprofessional from them, being scared of d pakistani crowd isn't international sport spirit if mahela's post match reviews are taken into deep consideration, it definately seems a pre-planned loss to avoid pressure of the paki crowd, it signifies the failiure of the spirit of this great game

this is very unlike the sri lankan side it is unprofessional from them, being scared of d pakistani crowd isn't international sport spirit if mahela's post match reviews are taken into deep consideration, it definately seems a pre-planned loss to avoid pressure of the paki crowd, it signifies the failiure of the spirit of this great game
man... what r u talking?? wheres the crowd ??? did you watch the same asiacup matches we were watching?? and pressure applied by some 100 people in the stadium.. 50 of them were policemen....
ucilite' date=' I could say that Pak did the exact same thing in the Asian Test Championship in 1999 when they opted for a draw with SL just to make sure India didn't reach the final. But that would make me come across as a bitter and sore loser. Pak are out of the Asia Cup final once again and traditionally, India and SL have been the powerhouse performers in this trophy and NOT Pak. Move on.[/quote'] Exactly. I was just searching for articles to showcase just that. It would be sour grapes. The fact of the matter is: There are a lot of precedent to this. SL did the same against aussies prior to finals to deny a chance for aussies to face Malinga and Murali. They dont opposition to have a surprise factor when they face the more important finals. In fact, India did the same against aussies in CB finals when they brought 2 new comers to play the finals - Praveen kumar and P. Chawla as a surprise package to deny the advantage. Shane warne did the same for RR. He did not want opposition to gain a lot of exposure of S. Tanwir or S. Asnodkar. Time and again, he rested these players so opposition did not get to play him. We will only know whether resting of Mendis / Vaas would provide a physiological boost to them on Sunday. I hope there will be no excuses. The team that plays better on Sunday will win the match.
man... what r u talking?? wheres the crowd ??? did you watch the same asiacup matches we were watching?? and pressure applied by some 100 people in the stadium.. 50 of them were policemen....
man.....he was referring to the FINAL.......unlike India, the people in Pakistan have better things to do then flocking stadiums..........every time a cricket match is going on.........even if it involves their own country..........
IF we FIXED all of those than your SUPER STARS got DUE share as we weren't playing by ourself :yay:
dude u started out well in this forum and u sounded sensible..but now with this thread u jus dont sound sensible man..seriously do u think that Srilanka are more comfortable facing India than Pakistan..u urself acknowledged that the present Indian team is better than both their asian counterparts so why do u think Srilanka let their selves down..pls stop this stupid topic..Srilanka are already into the finals and it is normal for them to rest their main players so that they wud be fresh for the finals..and they looked flat because of the wicket..coz they knew that the pitch is lifeless and unless the batsmen threw it away there was nothing to be done..hope this makes sense well if not then u r being a stubborn pakistan fan not able to digest the fact that ur team is out of the asia cup..look at MP his post was sensible..he said the 2 best teams are in the final..hope u can see the light too..
dude u started out well in this forum and u sounded sensible..but now with this thread u jus dont sound sensible man..seriously do u think that Srilanka are more comfortable facing India than Pakistan..u urself acknowledged that the present Indian team is better than both their asian counterparts so why do u think Srilanka let their selves down..pls stop this stupid topic..Srilanka are already into the finals and it is normal for them to rest their main players so that they wud be fresh for the finals..and they looked flat because of the wicket..coz they knew that the pitch is lifeless and unless the batsmen threw it away there was nothing to be done..hope this makes sense well if not then u r being a stubborn pakistan fan not able to digest the fact that ur team is out of the asia cup..look at MP his post was sensible..he said the 2 best teams are in the final..hope u can see the light too..
my dear friend.......i was reffering to this comment by mouni: ep, the way u guys fixed ALL the matches at sharjah? LOL! i wasn't talking about the ASIA cup so chill..........may the best team win on Sunday.......

what's wrong with you guys? I used to think that generally speaking INDIANS are quite decent..but listening to some of crap on this forum has completely changed my mind....... i can get to the SAME level as you.....and say all kinds of *****y stuff about your religion and your culture.....but that's not why i am here........i came to this forum to debate on cricket and our teams.......this is just height of ignorance and i'm done here!!!!!!!