Ok, We are 274 runs away from the Asia cup

Ram

finey take a chill pill..well i was one among several ICFers to think that v have a world beating team in the making..but then yesterdays loss really hit me big..now i know that the young team still has a long way to go but then its a good core that v have and i sincerely feel that this is going to be the crux of the 2011 WC..so all these losses are for the good in a way..the Indian team and the management would know wat has to be done to mould these young guys into a fighting unit..and also we have a gud captain..its jus that you are getting too worked up with these losses..everybody here is sad about Indias loss and i know u are a true fan but then sometimes ur pessimism goes a little overboard finey..well i don know whom u are trying to prove a point here with all that pessimistic threads..with ur analytical nature u can post sensible threads on Indias losses..

finey take a chill pill..well i was one among several ICFers to think that v have a world beating team in the making..but then yesterdays loss really hit me big..now i know that the young team still has a long way to go but then its a good core that v have and i sincerely feel that this is going to be the crux of the 2011 WC..so all these losses are for the good in a way..the Indian team and the management would know wat has to be done to mould these young guys into a fighting unit..and also we have a gud captain..its jus that you are getting too worked up with these losses..everybody here is sad about Indias loss and i know u are a true fan but then sometimes ur pessimism goes a little overboard finey..well i don know whom u are trying to prove a point here with all that pessimistic threads..with ur analytical nature u can post sensible threads on Indias losses..
yep, yep, i know. its just that i vent my frustration with these threads/posts, esp when India being in a solid position in a match (both during bowling, and batting) and then throwing it away. Sometimes someone takes offence at my posts, and abuses me personally (like predz or blue_brigade does once in a while), and then it takes an ugly turn.
I agree he has to be consistent, but do you understand how much pressure he was under when playing down under. There was reams of newsprint discussing how Yuvi had disturbed the delicate balance of Indian batting line-up, how Dravid was forced to sacrifice & made to open. This was all needless pressure, for no fault of his. Dravid should have spoken up earlier, if he wanted. And Aussie tour is always the toughest for any batsman. Ask Dravid himself, who sucked ass in 2000 tour down under.Sydney test was THE most tense situation anyone could imagine, because of what had happened earlier in the test.
The very same Dravid along with Ganguly made their test debuts in much more difficult circumstances with the team in shambles in England and did pretty well. Dravid was again slotted in as an opener for Sehwag's debut and Sehwag responded with a hundred. Laxman was perhaps one innings away from being axed when he made the 281. The whole world took notice of Tendulkar's guts in Pakistan and brilliance in Australia within the first couple of seasons. It's efforts like these which define champions and not the lame excuses Yuvraj keeps dishing out like he has never got a consistent run in the side etc. etc. He was given 11 consecutive tests and he bombed, a batsman like Laxman was benched to make room for him. Someone with a track record like Sehwag's was made to sit out so Yuvraj could play. Sorry, it's the biggest pile of rubbish that Yuvraj has not got a consistent run or enough chances. The answer is simpler if you choose to see it -he is simply not good enough. The likes of Badrinath and Kaif will again sit at home despite scoring tons of runs in the last domestic season will once again sit at home while poster boy goes on yet another free overseas tour.
The very same Dravid along with Ganguly made their test debuts in much more difficult circumstances with the team in shambles in England and did pretty well. Dravid was again slotted in as an opener for Sehwag's debut and Sehwag responded with a hundred. Laxman was perhaps one innings away from being axed when he made the 281. The whole world took notice of Tendulkar's guts in Pakistan and brilliance in Australia within the first couple of seasons. It's efforts like these which define champions and not the lame excuses Yuvraj keeps dishing out like he has never got a consistent run in the side etc. etc. He was given 11 consecutive tests and he bombed' date=' a batsman like Laxman was benched to make room for him. Someone with a track record like Sehwag's was made to sit out so Yuvraj could play. Sorry, it's the biggest pile of rubbish that Yuvraj has not got a consistent run or enough chances. The answer is simpler if you choose to see it -he is simply not good enough. The likes of Badrinath and Kaif will again sit at home despite scoring tons of runs in the last domestic season will once again sit at home while poster boy goes on yet another free overseas tour.[/quote'] Lol...so you think 2006 Karachi was NOT a difficult situation ? It was the only wicket worthy of a test match in that series and the greatest batsmen our generation all flopped while Yuvi made merry. I can bet he is a MUCH greater batsman than Kaif, who struggles to clear the infield. Badrinath I don't know about. 2004 Lahore was his third test, and he stroked a flawless century against Gul et all, and everyone was enthralled by that knock. Hell, even 169 last year was scored when India was 60/4 or so. The signs are there to see, only if U choose to see it.