Greatest tennis match ever?

Gambit

^actually the year before' date=' even Roddick-Federer Wimblendon Final was one of the best. I remember everyone on ICF was so much into that game. It was one hell of a game match.[/quote'] You mean the year AFTER I think Rod vs Fed was in 09 right?. That was high on drama but not so much on quality, certainly not as good as 08, as Yodaesque says dominated by serve throughout not as good in terms of great shotmaking/rallies. Heartbreaking for me as a huge Roddick fan to see him lose the way he did, though he made me proud. I did not expect him to get past Murray and that semi was probably that happiest I have ever been after a sporting match/event. About on par with the India WC win. Yes Mono affected Fed big time in 08, the French Open final was a sorry affair that year. He los some random matches that year like to Fish and even Roddick beat him that year too, only the second time he beat him and that was only because Fed was unwell 07 final was great too, and Aus 09 was a classic as well. Were so lucky to be in an era with this many truly high class matches.

^ It was not 'Rafas match'. In the end whoever won deserved it, if anything the sets which Novak won were kinda one sided whereas Rafa needed a tie break to clinch the fourth. There was that shot down the line that he should have nailed, think it would have seen him go 5-2 up, that would have sealed it. Margins were so fine. Dont agree with this 'Novak in is Rafas head' stuff though, this match proves otherwise

^ It was not 'Rafas match'. In the end whoever won deserved it, if anything the sets which Novak won were kinda one sided whereas Rafa needed a tie break to clinch the fourth. There was that shot down the line that he should have nailed, think it would have seen him go 5-2 up, that would have sealed it. Margins were so fine. Dont agree with this 'Novak in is Rafas head' stuff though, this match proves otherwise
Agree with the last part. Till last year I thought that Djoko had Rafa's number but this match seems to suggest that Rafa has looked to make a few changes in his approach.