Dhoni is a poor test match player!

Dhoni will never even get into a position than Mongia got us into that day' date=' so the discussion is moot. :hysterical:[/quote'] Well if your idol is Mongia and you actually believe Mongia is better than Dhoni what more can be said :haha: But one thing for sure - Dhoni wouldn't have blown a winning position against Pakistan.
Well if your idol is Mongia and you actually believe Mongia is better than Dhoni what more can be said :haha: But one thing for sure - Dhoni wouldn't have blown a winning position against Pakistan.
Tough to blow something when you don't even get into a position to blow it - FTB Dhoni is already being shown his aukaad which will become more apparent once he does not get those 350/5 platforms anymore. Bookmark this and come back 5 years later since you don't even trust your hero to average 35 after Tendulkar, Laxman, and Dravid are gone.
Guest Gunner
At the end of the day he still threw his wkt away and we lost the game. At least this is something I can rely on Dhoni - if he's set he won't throw the match away. Case in point the world cup final and Lords' Test in 2007.
Well if your idol is Mongia and you actually believe Mongia is better than Dhoni what more can be said :haha: But one thing for sure - Dhoni wouldn't have blown a winning position against Pakistan.
Seriously? I watched that match in chennai live. Every ball the pakis delivered they looked like getting a wicket. I still remember ganguly wrongly given out and India being reduced to 82/5 when Mongia marched in. Any other batsman at that moment and India would have been 100 a.o with SRT standing alone there. Y'all need to watch a few test matches.
I did ... it wasn't as flat a road as you are trying to make it out to be ... in any case Dale Steyn is in a bleddy different class than anyone else but hey what can be said about you who claim that Ray Lindwall is the same pace as Steyn and just as good a bowler if not better ... :hysterical::hysterical:
Yeah, Steyn on flatbed > Akram + Waqar + Saqlain on a minefield. :hysterical:
Seriously? I watched that match in chennai live. Every ball the pakis delivered they looked like getting a wicket. I still remember ganguly wrongly given out and India being reduced to 82/5 when Mongia marched in. Any other batsman at that moment and India would have been 100 a.o with SRT standing alone there. Y'all need to watch a few test matches.
It's hero worshiping, nothing else. If someone had a thread putting down Tendulkar's 136 in that match these very people would have been singing praises about Akram, Waqar, and Saqlain and the difficult Chennai pitch. Now these same people are trying to compare and ordinary innings to a superb one, by changing parameters.
Tough to blow something when you don't even get into a position to blow it - FTB Dhoni is already being shown his aukaad which will become more apparent once he does not get those 350/5 platforms anymore. Bookmark this and come back 5 years later since you don't even trust your hero to average 35 after Tendulkar' date=' Laxman, and Dravid are gone.[/quote'] Let's not get into what the hypothetical aukaad of Dhoni will be when such and such happens. What I do know of Dhoni's aukaad is that he's the world cup winning captain who led from the front, he won us the T20 cup against pakistan, he won us the CB series in Aus which India had never been able to do, drew series in SA which again India had even failed to do and led India to no. 1 Test ranking. ALl this while contributing with the bat and keeping wkts. Your argument are becoming like padosis "If Sami had bowled on the stumps and if it had hit batsman's pad and if umpire had given it LBW we would have won the match" :haha: There's no gainsaying speculating what Dhoni can or cannot do when the big 4 are gone but so far he has delivered when it mattered.
It's hero worshiping' date=' nothing else. If someone had a thread putting down Tendulkar's 136 in that match these very people would have been singing praises about Akram, Waqar, and Saqlain and the difficult Chennai pitch. Now these [b']same people are trying to compare and ordinary innings to a superb one, by changing parameters.
It's you who's trying to compare innings without any context just to bring down a player who frankly has done more than what could be expected of him. I can very well turn and say "Mongia or ABC would never have been able to save the Lords' Test in 2007" Or "Falana would never have been able to score 148 against Pakistan when we were looking in trouble". Your argument is that Mongia played that innings and Dhoni wouldn't have been able to. On what grounds can you make such an absurd assumption? What sort of logic is that A played such a glorious innings 12 years back and B would never have been able to do so!!!
I did watch the game and do remember the match but saying nobody would have been able to play that innings would be disingenuous on your part. It's all hypothetical and you are trying to run down Dhoni based on an innings he didn't even play!!!
Guest Gunner
Let's not get into what the hypothetical aukaad of Dhoni will be when such and such happens. What I do know of Dhoni's aukaad is that he's the world cup winning captain who led from the front, he won us the T20 cup against pakistan, he won us the CB series in Aus which India had never been able to do, drew series in SA which again India had even failed to do and led India to no. 1 Test ranking. ALl this while contributing with the bat and keeping wkts. Your argument are becoming like padosis "If Sami had bowled on the stumps and if it had hit batsman's pad and if umpire had given it LBW we would have won the match" :haha: There's no gainsaying speculating what Dhoni can or cannot do when the big 4 are gone but so far he has delivered when it mattered.
We are talking about test matches and you are bringing in ODIs. In the context of outy's posts, this is actually the problem.
Guest Gunner
I did watch the game and do remember the match but saying nobody would have been able to play that innings would be disingenuous on your part. It's all hypothetical and you are trying to run down Dhoni based on an innings he didn't even play!!!
The discussion is a comparison about wicket keepers. I am sure you can bring in any ATG batsman and say they could have played that innings. The point quite simply is that dhoni couldn't have. In world cricket right now as a test wicketkeeper-batsman where do you rank MSD?
We are talking about test matches and you are bringing in ODIs. In the context of outy's posts' date=' this is actually the problem.[/quote'] I mentioned everything - Tests as wel as odis. But if you want to focus on Tests take out the odis and rest of the post still stands. He took us to the top by winning series against Aus and drawing series in SA and scoring runs and keeping wkts all the while.
The discussion is a comparison about wicket keepers. I am sure you can bring in any ATG batsman and say they could have played that innings. The point quite simply is that dhoni couldn't have. In world cricket right now as a test wicketkeeper-batsman where do you rank MSD?
This is where we go into hypothetical territory. How can you say Dhoni could not have played an innings when he wasn't even around? You can't run down a player based on a hypothesis. As a test-wk batsman Dhoni is the one of the best going around, especially what he brings to the table as a captain. Or putting it another way, if I had to choose a wk-batsman for India from any team, I would pick Dhoni.
Guest Gunner
I mentioned everything - Tests as wel as odis. But if you want to focus on Tests take out the odis and rest of the post still stands. He took us to the top by winning series against Aus and drawing series in SA and scoring runs and keeping wkts all the while.
I fundamentally disagree with this. Do you give credit to AB for building up the Oz team to where they ultimately reached or is it all Steve Waugh? I mean he was the one who got them to No.1 no? So let us forget AB and Mark Taylor.