India Test 11 for 1st Test!

In the SSC, Columbo: 1. Typically the pitches are slow and low with no great spin unless it's the fifth day and there are cracks on the surface. 2. Reverse Swing is the order of the day. I don't know, if we go with two spinners then they won't be much use as even Murali doesn't get too many wickets in the first three days there. The worst case scenario would be if we had to bowl first and with two spinners. I would basically go with three seamers in Zaheer, Ishant (who'll be crucial because he can extract variable bounce on that type of pitch), choice between RP/Sree/Bhaji, and Kumble. Coincidently, anyone else get the feeling that Kumble is only included in the team because he's captain? I haven't seen a whole lot from him in the last year or so as a Test bowler.

sri lanka have a remarkable record @ SSC.they have a 10-2-1 record in the last 13 matches with a lone loss against the aussies.I will be happy with a draw.If we are going with 4 bowlers then that is the only result we can hope for. I would like to see us go with 3 quicks and 2 spinners.

You know if India goes ahead with two spinners and two fast bowlers most people would pick Ishant Sharma over RP Singh..but RP Singh has been the more consistent performer...it was one over against Ponting that made Ishant's name and he's played well but RP Singh has rather silently played even better but without much media attention, just saying, something to think about.

PP VS RD SRT VVS SG GG AK HS ZK IS Please do not mess Gambhir by playing him in the opening. Seamers bowl for at least 15 overs. and then for long time spinners bowl. With some runs on board, GG can play some aggressive innings at the end. We need to tire the SL bowlers when inexp GG comes to bat. Besides, at any given point of time, if AK wants some quickfire 100 before declaration, he can promote GG ahead of SG, VVS or even SRT and get some quick runs. He is a good guy and let me watch how the test matches are played and then he could open.