Horrid schedule for England tour this year!

Unlike other parts of subcontinent' date=' India is relatively safer....but obviously it's a developing country so you have to be careful about pick pocketers and thieves and people who take foreigners for ride by charging double the price, so being knowledgeable and doing your research right doesn't hurt. If you have any question just ask any post police officer.
police can be thugs too! And, YES! water is the biggest issue. Always always bottled water - i try to be careful abt water in india always. Lotsa Indians in india these days drink bottled water only, friends in india have forgotten tap water, so u need to be careful too.

Get your facts right, dsr. BCCI wanted a 3 test series. England said no, as their players have signed a contract to return to England and spend all Christmases there, with the exceptions of Ashes and SAF tours, so 2 tests is all we get. It's not the board here screwing up the schedule (as the 7 ODIs had been agreed to long in advance), it's the mentalities of some of the English players.

Get your facts right, dsr. BCCI wanted a 3 test series. England said no, as their players have signed a contract to return to England and spend all Christmases there, with the exceptions of Ashes and SAF tours, so 2 tests is all we get. It's not the board here screwing up the schedule (as the 7 ODIs had been agreed to long in advance), it's the mentalities of some of the English players.
Not entirely correct, Salil. Once the ECB told BCCI that the players would have to come back for Christmas, ECB also recommended cutting down the ODIs to play one more test, but the BCCI refused.
Not entirely correct' date=' Salil. Once the ECB told BCCI that the players would have to come back for Christmas, ECB also recommended cutting down the ODIs to play one more test, but the BCCI refused.[/quote'] As far as I know, its ECB who requested to keep the tests less to 2 only for reasons that Salil has stated with an understanding that they will play more tests when India tours England.
WTF!!! India is totally safe. Its a lot safer travelling in India then in the UK where at any moment some 12 year old hoodie is likely to stab you at any given moment. Safe places for english fans....my god heard it all now. Colin you need to get out more oftern!
dsr, Listen my friend i was only asking due to some remarks i heard regarding Jamshedpur recenty. I travel a lot with work and visit Kanpur & Delhi often and have never felt threatened. I have no qualms visiting India (apart from the nightmare journey from Kanpur to Jamshedpur) but i have never attended any cricket, just wanted some insight. Your remark about hoodies is spot on by the way.
dsr, Listen my friend i was only asking due to some remarks i heard regarding Jamshedpur recenty. I travel a lot with work and visit Kanpur & Delhi often and have never felt threatened. I have no qualms visiting India (apart from the nightmare journey from Kanpur to Jamshedpur) but i have never attended any cricket, just wanted some insight. Your remark about hoodies is spot on by the way.
what did you hear about Jamshepur? I love my town :icflove: Jamshedpur is one of the safest places I would say. Though I can't say about what you have heard recently, haven't been there in 3-4 years.
what did you hear about Jamshepur? I love my town :icflove: Jamshedpur is one of the safest places I would say. Though I can't say about what you have heard recently, haven't been there in 3-4 years.
I was talking to an Indian guy in Birmingham who mentioned it was a bit "lively" especially travelling from Ranchi to Jamshedpur by train. No disrespect to your town, i am looking forward to it. I have booked into the Fortune Hotel. The only problem i have at the minute is the logistics of getting from Kanpur to JSP without it taking 20 hours!!
I was talking to an Indian guy in Birmingham who mentioned it was a bit "lively" especially travelling from Ranchi to Jamshedpur by train. No disrespect to your town, i am looking forward to it. I have booked into the Fortune Hotel. The only problem i have at the minute is the logistics of getting from Kanpur to JSP without it taking 20 hours!!
Fly from Lucknow airport(a 2 hour drive from Kanpur) to Delhi and then fly from Delhi to Ranchi(another 2 hour drive to Jamshedpur). Not sure how much time you will save in the end though.
Fly from Lucknow airport(a 2 hour drive from Kanpur) to Delhi and then fly from Delhi to Ranchi(another 2 hour drive to Jamshedpur). Not sure how much time you will save in the end though.
Thanks, i will have a look at that route. Also looking at Lucknow - Calcutta but i think i will have to go via Delhi also