Horrid schedule for England tour this year!

I will be going to Kanpur & Jamshedpur for the one dayers. Are they safe places for an english cricket fan?
man all are safe places in India to tour for any foreigner. thing is if anything bad has to happen then it will happen in any place. . i am not any security guard offcourse, neither can see security picture here. but mllions of people go there and hence its safe

Cricket is so wide spread in India is the reason why cricket has been promoted in so many centers. All the odi matches are allotted to different centers in a round robin basis so that every team gets to host an odi. Unfortunately, touring teams want to play only in major centers.

I will be going to Kanpur & Jamshedpur for the one dayers. Are they safe places for an english cricket fan?
WTF!!! India is totally safe. Its a lot safer travelling in India then in the UK where at any moment some 12 year old hoodie is likely to stab you at any given moment. Safe places for english fans....my god heard it all now. Colin you need to get out more oftern!

Unlike other parts of subcontinent, India is relatively safer....but obviously it's a developing country so you have to be careful about pick pocketers and thieves and people who take foreigners for ride by charging double the price, so being knowledgeable and doing your research right doesn't hurt. If you have any question just ask any post police officer.

They shouldn't be too bad, but make sure you are going with a group (ie; the Barmy Army tours or something) so that you aren't alone. People may not attack you or try to hurt you, but they will definitely try the usual Indian tricks of extortion on you. Taxi drivers, vendors, shop-keepers, etc. will definitely overcharge you by thousands of Rupees and the usual pick-pocketing, petty theft may occur. Be safe. Be sure to watch what you eat too - Indian food can be very dodgy at times. You might want to pack some baked beans, some tuna cans so that you have food readily available to you in the event that you run into some dodgy food (which is extremely probable). And always drink mineral water.
Unlike other parts of subcontinent' date=' India is relatively safer....but obviously it's a developing country so you have to be careful about pick pocketers and thieves and people who take foreigners for ride by charging double the price, so being knowledgeable and doing your research right doesn't hurt. If you have any question just ask any post police officer.
police can be thugs too!