Olympics 2008

SachDan

Serbia lodged a protest over the result of the men's 100 metres butterfly final on Saturday after Milorad Cavic was beaten by 0.01 seconds by American Michael Phelps. Phelps clocked 50.58 seconds to beat Cavic on the final stroke and claim his seventh gold medal of the Beijing. "We have made an official protest. It's first place, it is very important," Serbia's deputy chef de mission Branislav Jevtic told Reuters. Jevtic did not provide specific details about the protest but the complaint was believed to be over whether the timing system worked properly and whether the Serbian touched the wall first. FINA, the sport's world governing body, would not immediately comment but scheduled a press conference for later on Saturday. Cavic said he would prefer the protest was dropped. "If it was up to me I would drop the protest, I didn't want to fight it," he said. "As we all know, technology is imperfect, it's possible (it malfunctioned)."

Phepls- best olympian ever...Carl Lewis comes a distant second.
Distant second? You gotta be kidding. The total Gold medal count isn't the only criteria for judging a sportsman's greatness. A swimmer can participate in many more disciplines as compared to a runner/long-jumper like Lewis. Lewis has won Gold medals at 5 Olympic games, Phelps has won his medals in only 2 so far. Let's see how long he lasts.

U.S.A just beat Olympic Champions Spain by 119-82. What a dominating performance by the 'Redeem Team'. Keep in mind these are 40 minute games of 4 quarters with 10 mins in each quarter. If this had been a regular NBA-rules basketball match, US could have even scored 150 pts, who knows.

Absolute domination from USA...In the first quarter it looked like a close battle.
What? It was total control by the US starting from quarter 1. At the end of it, I think they led 31-22 or something. The lead just kept increasing and increasing. The US guys are just collectively too big, too strong, too athletic and have higher stamina and than any of the other team in the field. Gold is theirs for the taking. Also, there's a good chance they will meet Spain again in the finals, so this will make a huge difference to both the team's morales. For a change, Lebron James wasnt as dominant a force, as he was in other games, but no single player dominated the match as such.

The 100 meters races certainly lived up to its potential as the showpiece event of the games. WTF was Bolt trying to do at the end there ...? He could have reached home in under 9.6 if it weren't for the antics.
OMG, cant believe I missed the 100m:((