Today/Tomorrow India at olympics - updated regularly

Cricketics

Boxer Akhil Kumar has knocked out the World No. 1 Russian Boxer to reach the quarter-finals in Bantamweight category. What a fight it was! The Champ was leading the game till the dying moments but Akhil fought back to tie the score at 9 - 9. Akhil was adjudged the winner based on superior punches ... and the Russian Champ was in tears :cantstop:. The current boxers are a very promising lot. They do make OTT comments in the media, but they even back it up with performances in the ring.

Boxer Akhil Kumar has knocked out the World No. 1 Russian Boxer to reach the quarter-finals in Bantamweight category. What a fight it was! The Champ was leading the game till the dying moments but Akhil fought back to tie the score at 9 - 9. Akhil was adjudged the winner based on superior punches ... and the Russian Champ was in tears :cantstop:. The current boxers are a very promising lot. They do make OTT comments in the media, but they even back it up with performances in the ring.
Thats super :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: Plus his next bout is on Monday effectively giving him whole weekend to recover and recuperate. Umpire, I beleive pugilists get bronze just by qualifying for semis.

Wow ! I didn't bother watching it because i didn't think he would win. Where can i watch it ? NBC only covers the American boxers

Here's a video. The quality is pretty bad but watchable [noparse]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZnJ7aLeD4o[/noparse]
Wow, great find ! Really enjoyed watching it. Nice little independence day present from Akhil. That Russian pr1ck didn't even want to look at him, let alone shake his hand. No sportsmanship whatsoever. Vijender and Jitender fight tomorrow...should be good.

Yes I saw the match. Even though 13-6 is a convincing scoreline, Jitender wasn't was impressive as Akhil. He was leading 9 - 2 and became slightly defensive after that, fortunately the Uzbek boxer wasn't skilled enough to take advantage of it. He kept pushing Jitender to the floor but couldn't manage to break the defence of the Indian and land some crushing blows. Nonetheless, another Indian boxer makes it to the last 8 in his category (51 kilos) :two_thumbs_up: Later tonight at 19:15 IST, Vijender Singh will fight for a place in the QF's in his 75 kilo category match.