Lets see how great a captain Dhoni is!

Its ridiculous When India win, the team did a great job when India lose, it's all dhoni's fault how can Dhoni be blamed for the team not being able to score 150
Not at all. When we wins he has been getting massive praise as great captain. People saying how great a captain he is and that he should be test captain. He has been lapping it up. Awards thrown at him based upon the teams successes! Now when we are up against it lets see what he can do. You live by the sword you die by the sword! All those saying he should be not criticised when we lose as he is only captain then remeber that when Sachin slams tons like in oz or yuvraj slams 6x6s in over meaning India wins. Dont all creep up from under the woodwork waffling how great a captain he is blah blah!
Not at all. When we wins he has been getting massive praise as great captain. People saying how great a captain he is and that he should be test captain. He has been lapping it up. Award thrown at him based upon the tean successes! Now when we are up against it lets see what he can do. You live by the sword you die by the sword! All those saying he should be not criticised when we lose as he is only captain then remeber that when Sachin slams tons like in oz or yuvraj slams 6x6s in over meaning India wins. Dont all creep up from under the woodwork waffling how great a captain he is blah blah!
Well said, dsr. MSD needs to show he can do it (win) in the Lankan backyard.

What a crybaby thread. Dhoni is missing his two best batsmen and now you say that we'll find out how good he is as a captain against a Sri Lankan team that were always going to be tough to beat at home before they got a wonderful mystery spinner? I think I preferred it better when you were just honest with your threads and bashed Dhoni because he opted out of the test series. What a joke, a guy misses a test series due to fatigue and injuries and he ends up having an internet stalker like dsr.

What? All I am saying is lets see how good a captain Dhoni is? Why are you assuming we are going to lose? We may win and then we can hail Dhoni as a great captain who led us to victory. Why so negative? No faith in your Dhoni to turn things around?
Because I'm not blinded like you. When a team wins or losses it's not just because of the captain but the rest of the players. Taking on Sri Lanka without Sehwag and SRT and our best bowler is like having a blind midget fight Mike Tyson. Anyone with a modicum of common sense would understand this and not hang it all on the captain and set him up for a fall but as we can see in this and numerous other threads you've got an axe to grind with the guy all because he opted out of the test series. Oh and for the record? Dhoni is already handling this better than Kumble who refused to talk to the media and didn't let his players either after Sri Lanka beat the Indian Team. Dhoni has been upfront, candid and clear about the task his team faces to the media. He's already handled it like a man. So why don't you do the same? Man up and call it like it is and be honest about it rather than hiding behind this thread? We all know you don't like the guy, fair enough, just be honest about it and save the bs. Even a crybaby has a right to complain. crybaby.jpg

lets wait at least till the series is over. If we can win one maybe even two then it would be a great series for us. Just because we are missing Sehwag and Sachin does not mean that Dhoni's captaincy cannot be good. Remember in the t20 neither Sehwag nor Sachin were there in the finals etc but the team pulled through. They were inspired performances from the team. If the team does not loose its spirit and looks like it is going through the motions then Dhoni's captaincy should be called into view. Everyone is a good captain when the team is doing well. Its when the going gets tough do the real men stand out.

Oh and for the record? Dhoni is already handling this better than Kumble who refused to talk to the media and didn't let his players either after Sri Lanka beat the Indian Team. Dhoni has been upfront, candid and clear about the task his team faces to the media. He's already handled it like a man.
TYPICAL! Dhoni is doing better then Kumble cos of the way he talks to the media!!!! Just typical of the new cricket fan and the love of Dhoni. Forget the actual god dammn hard work Jumbo does everyday in training and matches. The total commitment he shows in all aspects of playing for India for over a decade. WTF Dhoni is doing better as captain cos of way he talks to media!!! My god. Talk about being won over by flashy smiles, sound bites and celebrity culture! This is how how we juge captains and players in this modern age. How they front up the media!!! Christ might as well make SRK captain if its all about the media. I am sure you would be impressed by his perfomances in front of the media as captain!
Not at all. When we wins he has been getting massive praise as great captain. People saying how great a captain he is and that he should be test captain. He has been lapping it up. Awards thrown at him based upon the teams successes! Now when we are up against it lets see what he can do. You live by the sword you die by the sword! All those saying he should be not criticised when we lose as he is only captain then remeber that when Sachin slams tons like in oz or yuvraj slams 6x6s in over meaning India wins. Dont all creep up from under the woodwork waffling how great a captain he is blah blah!
There were 10 other players in the team so why is it Dhoni's fault we couldnt score enough runs?
TYPICAL! Dhoni is doing better then Kumble cos of the way he talks to the media!!!! Just typical of the new cricket fan and the love of Dhoni. Forget the actual god dammn hard work Jumbo does everyday in training and matches. The total commitment he shows in all aspects of playing for India for over a decade. WTF Dhoni is doing better as captain cos of way he talks to media!!! My god. Talk about being won over by flashy smiles, sound bites and celebrity culture! This is how how we juge captains and players in this modern age. How they front up the media!!! Christ might as well make SRK captain if its all about the media. I am sure you would be impressed by his perfomances in front of the media as captain!
I said
Oh and for the record? Dhoni is already handling this better than Kumble who refused to talk to the media and didn't let his players either after Sri Lanka beat the Indian Team.
Where did you read where I said he was the better captain? I can't even begin to think how you would judge the better captain when they play across different formats of the game, so don't get your panties in a twist.
A captain who has been given all the credit for eleven player's performance on the field should also be preparedto take the blame when the same team fails!
That's just stupid. Dhoni never single handedly took credit for any tournament/series wins, but instead singled out individuals like the bowlers and gave them tons of credit etc.

Here's Dhoni once again making it clear that it's up to the individuals to take responsibility and he credits his players for the wins: uDXtAw9expQ At one point the interviewer asks Dhoni to take credit but Dhoni doesn't and just puts it down to the young players being confident, all he mentions about himself is that he just bats according to the situation. You can tell from the questions that the interviewer is actually encouraging Dhoni to speak about himself but Dhoni actually looks shy and at a loss for words when talking about himself and constantly reverts back to the team. Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed the montage, dsr, and hopefully you've gained some understanding of what kind of guy he is.