Champions Trophy postponement : A devastating decision for Pak, PCB hope to fill gap

Feed

Mr. Nagami, 1- Why can't you invite SL for a test series? 2- If that fails then why can't you have a tri series IN PAK involving IND and SL. 3- If that fails then why can't you have a bilateral series against SL in PAK? Hello...
Cos no one wants to go to pakistan. It is not a safe place for its citizens let alone visiting kaffars!

MP, just ignore the mapunguani (you figure out what that is). On topic: Some relief for a country that is quite cricket-starved. I really wonder how so many Pakistanis are still interested in cricket. I dont think I'd be able to relate to anything like 'current Pakistani test bowling attack' or 'our middle order' if a team doesnt play for so long.

MP' date=' just ignore the mapunguani (you figure out what that is). [/quote'] will try to do so... all these people like pred, dravid, dsr etc want is attention so its a good idea to simply ignore how ever its quite amazing how a poster like pred is the mod as all he does is abuse, abuse and more abuse.
On topic: Some relief for a country that is quite cricket-starved. I really wonder how so many Pakistanis are still interested in cricket. I dont think I'd be able to relate to anything like 'current Pakistani test bowling attack' or 'our middle order' if a team doesnt play for so long.
yep and secondly the current PAK team is a very average side perhaps the weakest PAK team since the late 60s....so its almost left totally to die-hard cricket fans to keep cricket afloat.

Sohail blasts PCB for negotiating series against SA http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Sohail_blasts_PCB_for_negotiating_series/articleshow/3408705.cms KARACHI: Former Pakistan Test captain Aamir Sohail on Tuesday criticised the country's cricket board for negotiating with South Africa to play a triangular One-day series following the postponement of the Champions Trophy. Sohail lashed out at Pakistan Cricket Board's (PCB) Chief Operating Officer, Shafqat Naghmi, for negotiating with South Africa, who were instrumental in getting the Champions Trophy postponed. "I want to know in what capacity is Naghmi trying to work out this deal to play in South Africa who initiated the move to have the Champions Trophy postponed," Sohail, who is now a well known commentator, told Geo News . "When the PCB chairman (Nasim Ashraf) has resigned, how can any other official negotiate with any country to play a series," the former opener asked. Sohail said it was strange that the board was trying to arrange a series in a country which led the campaign to have the Champions Trophy postponed on security grounds. "I don't understand this attitude. Why are we keen to go and play in countries not willing to tour Pakistan." Naghmi when contacted, made it clear that he had the approval of the governing body and the former chairman to play in South Africa. He also dismissed suggestions of boycotting those countries that pushed for the postponement of the Champions Trophy. "We now have to decide whether to work for the promotion and betterment of cricket and move on or keep on thinking about why and how the Champions Trophy was postponed. We are moving ahead in a positive spirit," Naghmi said. He said the board was working on several options and even if the series in South Africa didn't materialise, a One-day series against Sri Lanka was under discussion. Former Test player Mohammad Illyas also urged the board not to take part in events with countries who led the call for the postponement of the Champions Trophy and only invite and tour Asian countries or the West Indies. :omg::omg::omg::omg:

Pakistan to play in SA quadrangular Wednesday, August 27, 2008 By Khalid Hussain KARACHI: After hammering the last nail in the coffin of September’s ICC Champions Trophy in Pakistan, South Africa are likely to host a hastily-arranged ODI quadrangular to fill in the gap left by the scrapping of the eight-nation contest. A senior Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) official told ‘The News’ on Tuesday that three teams have already confirmed their participation in the four-nation tournament in South Africa while negotiations are on to rope in the fourth contestant. Shafqat Naghmi, PCB’s chief operating officer, said that after two days of discussions, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa have confirmed for the quadrangular while India, Australia or New Zealand will most likely be filling in the final spot. http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=132159