Indian Domestic cricket 08-09 : Irani Trophy

Chandan

It is sad.....dianakkar ..but it has to happe some day.Wish he is given one last chance to score a big one and allowed to go out with dignity. I also wish Dravid plays well in the series and then announces his retirement. Wouldn't want him to play under that snake dhoni.Better to go out with dignity.

Why is Kumble not the 1st one to get axed??? his performance was below par' date=' he can't bat or field....and now he can't bowl either....so why is he still there?? Kumble needs to perform before opening his big mouth...[/quote'] Agreed...it is shocking to read Kumble shunning Ganguly......maybe bcoz he's afraid that Gangs was a better captain...:--D...a very low statement by Kumble...:thumbs_down:
Agreed...it is shocking to read Kumble shunning Ganguly......maybe bcoz he's afraid that Gangs was a better captain...:--D...a very low statement by Kumble...:thumbs_down:
He didn't give any statement willow...From what I gather from the news...Kumble and Kirsten didn't object to his exclusion.

there was no need to drop ganguly for this series... if they want to give chance to youngster, they could have waited till the BG series is over and then do what they want. BG series is as importangt as a worldcup... and as it has been always... our batsmen wil come up with spl performances against australia in tests... so there was no need to chop anyone from the current team. just last dec, ganguly made a double hundred (his first) at bangalore in a match that should have been won by india. kumble squandered it by declaring late on the final day... he has no rights to say tat ganguly's performance was below par. if he had to be honest then he should have also pointed at sachin whose perormance in lanka was poorer and at himself as he too came up with a below par performance in lanka... its very hurting that every time selectors think of dropping a senior from the team, the captains and coaches find ganguly as the bhakra...

F U BCCI....you don't have the balls to drop Sachin but as usual the bakhra is Sourav. This is a good move actually' date=' coz if he was chosen and if he made a century....then it would have been impossible to drop him...now the path is clear to drop him from the test team...[/quote'] Well....while it is certainly no point in dropping the legend SRT...it is surely not fair to pick a newbie instead of Ganguly....just does'nt make sense....Ganguly has performed well offlate...then why this grudge against Dada?

Dravid is a bigger player than ganguly. Dravid is also Kumble's Karnataka and IPL mate ....plus a good friend. Ganguly unfortunately was the one who wasn't always fair to Kumble when he was captain. Given a choice of dropping one of the two...he would always choose to keep Dravid.Fair or unfair ....that's the truth.

i think there's no problem dropping ganguly from test side. drop yuvi (bcoz i dont like him!!! :-D) or rohit sharma (bcoz he's out of form) from ODI side nd bring back dada, he's a good all round option for ODIs. i know fielding is dada's problem, but we saw yuvi's fielding in last series (esp. when dhoni was taunting him for dropping catch of some sri lankan batsman :winky:)

Dont you think its too early to put Dhoni in the same place where Sachin is?
fisrt i thought d same. nd to some extent u r right too. but i wrote this not only bcoz of his batting, but his captaincy nd his lead from front habit. T20 WC nd last series ODI series against sri lanka...... we won last series bcoz of our bowlers nd DHONI....... btw bro, it my personal opinion, so edited my signature a bit.......................