Dhoni Mark 2

thushara bowls at 140kz...jus cause zaheer screams after getting a wicket doesnt mean hez a fast bowler....malinga' date='fernando,prasad...all these players r slow bowlers?[/quote'] Thushara can scream tooo --- IF he gets a wicket :D :D :haha:
Guest dada_rocks

Pakistani bhia logon ko phir se mirchi lagai shurur ho gai hai.. aakhirkar ye bachcha party of india mendis ki srilanka ko kaise dho rahi hai

Dhoni is the Indian Tugga Steve Waugh has always been my favorite cricketer. He was a guy who played out of his comfort zone and took Australia home through sheer grit and determination. I would like to believe that Dhoni is showing similar signs and will be like Steve Waugh for India in the times to come! dhoni-with-the-trophy.jpgsteve_waugh_ashes_430x320.jpg

premature thread in my opinion. infact we have to see if dhoni will get test captaincy then wait 4-5 yrs before making any such comparision. after 1st ODi the flovor of the day was mahela and how good a captain he is, then a couple of days back it was all about badrinath and his glorious 27 runs today dhoni.

premature thread in my opinion. infact we have to see if dhoni will get test captaincy then wait 4-5 yrs before making any such comparision. after 1st ODi the flovor of the day was mahela and how good a captain he is, then a couple of days back it was all about badrinath and his glorious 27 runs today dhoni.
its not the 1st time dhoni has done it
He has become a truly awesome ODI batsman. I have said it before' date= but i may as well say it again - i wouldn't swap Dhoni for any other cricketer in the game today.
We missed him during test series, he would have supported laxman in the first test and would have surly helped us get a bigger lead in 3rd test but i have no doubt their will be few who's personal bias wont allow them to see it.
loll he's played 100+ ODI's and averages 45+ hardly premature
Whenever India plays against Sri Lanka you can bet that Dhoni will end up amongst the runs. Their bowling attack is perfectly suited to Dhoni's attacking game - he makes mincement of their average seamers as they bowl innocuous lines with no real pace or bounce; thereby allowing him to hit through the line confidently. He exercises a fair bit of caution against their spinners' date=' constantly rotating strike but still unafraid to go over the top because he knows he has the power to clear the fielders when he connects. They really haven't got a clue how to bowl to him and he has dominated their bowlers in all kinds of conditions. There was a time when the sight of Jayasuriya at the crease would force Indian audiences to let out a collective groan...i am sure the Sri Lankans feel the exactly same way about Dhoni in this day and age.[/quote'] Well...Lets hope not or atleast till Yuvi figures out how to play spin :D
He will have to improve his performance in test cricket to deserve that comparison.. IN ODI is much better than tugga
dada bhai - not talking about stats here. I am talking about approach to the game, leadership, fighting qualities,cool and calm in tense situations etc.

Dhoni blames crowd for dropped catches Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni blamed crowd, clad in different hues, for distractions, which resulted in a forgettable and sloppy show by his fielders during the third one-dayer against Sri Lanka here on Sunday. More... Dhoni blames crowd for dropped catches Press Trust of India Monday, August 25, 2008 12:41 AM (Colombo) Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni blamed crowd, clad in different hues, for distractions, which resulted in a forgettable and sloppy show by his fielders during the third one-dayer against Sri Lanka here on Sunday. India had a poor day in the field as they let got as many as four chances during the Lankan chase, which made the defence of a modest 237-run total difficult. "Since Sri Lanka had a colourful crowd it becomes difficult to spot the ball in the night specially after it (ball) becomes a bit dirty," Dhoni said after India won by 33 runs to take a 2-1 lead in the five-match series. Dhoni admitted that Indian team felt the heat when Mahela Jayawardene and Thilan Thushara were cruising towards the victory target. "Indian team was worried when Jayawrdene and Thushara were scoring runs," he said. On being asked about India's strategy to go with four bowlers, he said, "Having a fifth bowler is a luxury. We have to make do with four bowlers but we have bowlers like Yuvraj, Raina and Virat, who can bowl. We needed one extra batsman". Dhoni, who rescued India with a brilliant 76-run knock, also admitted that he has changed his batting style. "Earlier, India had batsmen who could play till the end and I could go for big shots early. I am however happy that I still have strike rate of 90 thougu I would have been happier to have a strike rate of over hundred." Rival skipper Jayawardene, who hit an incredible 94-run knock to lift his team from pits and almost took it to victory, said they did not "deserve to win". When asked if opener Kumar Sangakkara was not performing due to pressure of opening the innings, he shot back, "When you are scoring centuries you don't ask these questions. Every batsman has highs and lows. The idea of playing Sangakkara as opener is to have some senior batsman to get more balls to play". Jayawardene confidently said that his knew what his team was doing but said it is difficult to live up to the expectations before the home crowd. "Tough position to be in. It is a challenging situation playing at home do not want to lose series. We know where we are going wrong," he said.