Dhoni Mark 2

Dhoni is playing brilliantly, so he cost us test series ! Dhoni is looking class. Playing brilliantly! His batting is so composed and calculated. The way he handles the 2 Ms is a joy to watch. He owns them. His glovework is also top notch. Really outstanding performances in these odis! We would not be 2-1 up without him, of that there is no doubt! Which brings me to the next question! Would we have won the test series if Dhoni had played instead of as he put it "RESTED"? One of the major reasons we lost was cr#p keeping/batting. IMO if Dhoni had played we would have won! Thus it shows what a crime he commited against his country INDIA by not playing! He should be ashamed that he did not be there with the boys and contribute to a great test series victory. Instead we have to watch him lead us to victory in these masala odis with the thoughts of what could have been if he played in the real deal test series! Its a real bitter pill for me to swallow! Thus I directly blame Dhoni for us losing the test series!

One of the major reasons we lost was cr#p keeping/batting. IMO if Dhoni had played we would have won!
Dude - subah kii utarii nahii kyaa abtak ? In one sentence you mention Keeping and batting as two separate reasons. Then you go on to claim that we would have won if Dhoni would have played. These two sentences are hard to relate [there are 5 or 6 batsmen and one keeper, so Dhoni playing would only amount to 1/11 chances to win], unless one is only desparate to blame defeat on someone or one is too drunk to realize.
Its a real bitter pill for me to swallow!!
aahaa - there's the real reason. If it's too bitter, please use the nearest restroom, and throw up and then flush. That's where this thread belongs, down the gutter. It will be really good for your health. :-D

DSR makes good point. Why din't Dhoni opt out from meaningless ODI series in Bangladesh We lost first test when Karthik dropped everything. In third Test Parthiv could not get runs. Imagine 70-80 odd runs by Dhoni, we may have run them close in 4th innings.

India has won. That sound be enough for you guys to celebrate rather than finding a way to criticize. Again, Dhoni did fair against Mendis, but in some deliveries, he was clueless though. Bit lucky in that match. I hear SL proposes spinner pitch in next day. Be ready to face Muralitharan and Mendis.

DSR makes good point. Why din't Dhoni opt out from meaningless ODI series in Bangladesh We lost first test when Karthik dropped everything. In third Test Parthiv could not get runs. Imagine 70-80 odd runs by Dhoni, we may have run them close in 4th innings.
Umpire, Since you post sensible threads, I'll explain this to you. BCCI has not announced this policy that players can take voluntary breaks. Only after players started complaining of too much cricket (Dhoni has been saying this since the CB series when he played non stop for a year without getting even one break, said so during IPL matches too and then again during Kitply Cup and Asia cup), the administrators of BCCI announced that players could withdraw from the series where they feel they are not 100% fit. Had BCCI said so just after IPL, I'm sure Dhoni would have withdrawn from those JAMODIs in Bangladesh and Pakistan! And only after Asia cup when Niranjan Shah retorted back to Dhoni's complaint of too much cricket, Dhoni came to know about this new policy. And then if he had to take a break, it happened to be unfortunately the test series where apparently Dhoni was on the verge of break-down! I think he had no option left. And if our keeping bench strength is so poor, we deserve the defeat, don't we?
Dhoni is looking class. Playing brilliantly! His batting is so composed and calculated. The way he handles the 2 Ms is a joy to watch. He owns them. His glovework is also top notch. Really outstanding performances in these odis! We would not be 2-1 up without him, of that there is no doubt! Which brings me to the next question! Would we have won the test series if Dhoni had played instead of as he put it "RESTED"? One of the major reasons we lost was cr#p keeping/batting. IMO if Dhoni had played we would have won! Thus it shows what a crime he commited against his country INDIA by not playing! He should be ashamed that he did not be there with the boys and contribute to a great test series victory. Instead we have to watch him lead us to victory in these masala odis with the thoughts of what could have been if he played in the real deal test series! Its a real bitter pill for me to swallow! Thus I directly blame Dhoni for us losing the test series!
OK, since we are talking in hypotheticals, consider this. Dhoni is playing well now because he has come back fresh after taking a much-needed rest. Had he continued playing the test series, his performance would have been affected by fatigue and that would have affected his 'keeping and his batting as well. It's safe to assume that he would been even worse during the ODI series which India currently lead 1-2. Non-stop cricket takes it's toll. The reason why you see Dhoni playing brilliantly at the moment is because he has taken some time off to recharge his batteries.