Aussies responsible for Champions Trophy’s postponement: Atherton

Let's get a couple of things right here first. I'm not an avid fan of Dhoni. I'm an avid fan of the Indian Team. I'm not a player vs team guy! I could care less who was playing as long as the team plays well and wins. That includes everyone there and I don't worship any one player like he's God or something. To be honest, it's a bit juvenile and narrow minded in my opnion to be fixated on any one player whether he's in or out of the team. So if anyone thinks that I have specific players that I place a higher value on than the team then that's simply not true (not implying that you are suggesting that danramrah). The reason I defended Dhoni was simply because when any completely infantile, baseless and ill thought accusations are made against any Indian player then I will naturally defend that player as a fan of the team, just as if any chump Aussi, Pakistani, etc cricket fan made those allegations and stupid comments about Dhoni or anyone else on the team. Secondly, I just don't like biased, stereotypical statements about any race, country, or class of people regardless of who they might be against. It offends me as a person and it offends me as a person of Indian heritage when someone makes racist comments against people who we share a common history with. One could make the observation that there is a great amount of intolerable segregation and racisim in India whether it be against women, different castes/creeds and of course religions. But how would you like it if someone said Indians are all racist and don't like each other? It's crap statements like that I can't and will not tolerate whether they be against Indians, Pakistanis or whomever. If you doubt any of the above then do a search on username: "dsr" with keyword "Pakistan" and you'll see the kind of filth that's being spewed by this little hate monger troll. I challenge anyone with any kind of self respect and decency to read some of those posts and not be disgusted and offended by them.
If you do the same search with most other posters,you'll get the same results if not better...only difference being that dsr directly calls Pakistanis...many others here call them as Padosi,charsistan,jokistan etc!! Do you sincerely feel Pakistan is a safe place to play an international tournament of such stature with suicide bombers in queues to blow any thing good on view?
Is there a greater bigotted hate monger on this board than this chump? Every time Pakistan is even mentioned this clown thumps this chest like a moron and shouts out generic over blown abuse targetting all Pakistanis in general.
Again another post full of abuse towards me. I will follow the ghandian influence and take the suffering and abuse by Fontaine!:(( However, it seems Fontaine is more influenced by across the border and will look for an eye for an eye!:-D
If you doubt any of the above then do a search on username: "dsr" with keyword "Pakistan" and you'll see the kind of filth that's being spewed by this little hate monger troll. I challenge anyone with any kind of self respect and decency to read some of those posts and not be disgusted and offended by them.
More abuse from Fontaine. Who clealry feels he is a tough guy by abusing me with his key board! Hate monger??? You are a hypocrite as you are a hate monger to me! Or do you only not like abuse directed at pakistanis!
More abuse from Fontaine. Who clealry feels he is a tough guy by abusing me with his key board! Hate monger??? You are a hypocrite as you are a hate monger to me! Or do you only not like abuse directed at pakistanis!
Atleast he makes some decent posts , god knows how many times you have picked on others.. Take it like a man this time kid.. Agreed, this is an Indian site,..so just coz he is a Pakistani we will take your side at the drop of a hat
If you do the same search with most other posters,you'll get the same results if not better...only difference being that dsr directly calls Pakistanis...many others here call them as Padosi,charsistan,jokistan etc!! Do you sincerely feel Pakistan is a safe place to play an international tournament of such stature with suicide bombers in queues to blow any thing good on view?
There's a difference between joking occasionally and a genuine habit fuelled by hatred and bigotry. As to Pakistan's safety issues? I'm not up to date on the issues and the viewpoints of all interested ICC member states.
Again another post full of abuse towards me. I will follow the ghandian influence and take the suffering and abuse by Fontaine!:(( However, it seems Fontaine is more influenced by across the border and will look for an eye for an eye!:-D
Gandhi? Not only are you a bigot, but deaf, dumb, and blind towards you're own past. The great Mahatma was above all things tolerant and equal to all religions, castes and creeds. For you to even mention the great man while you spew hatred towards another race/country is just a measure of how truely backwards you really are.
Atleast he makes some decent posts , god knows how many times you have picked on others.. Take it like a man this time kid.. Agreed, this is an Indian site,..so just coz he is a Pakistani we will take your side at the drop of a hat
I'm not Pakistani nor do I have any relations from that country. But as you are the Site Owner here I hope you are aware that something you've undoubtedly spent hours upon hours working on, trying to promote and grow, and developing into a damn good web site is being used as a platform ... I can't tell you what to do with your own site, but if I had my way racist as well as abusive posts would be moderated along with their users.

anway................................................................... It was quite annoying to see the champions trophy postponed as inbetween that time we have now and australia, we have no matches. Will be kind of boring, but hey I hate to say this but come on Indian woman!!!!!!:yay:

I'm not Pakistani nor do I have any relations from that country. But as you are the Site Owner here I hope you are aware that something you've undoubtedly spent hours upon hours working on, trying to promote and grow, and developing into a damn good web site is being used as a platform for this little snake to promote his brand of filth and hatred. I can't tell you what to do with your own site, but if I had my way, racist as well as abusive posts would be moderated along with their users.
chill fontaine. I know there are alot of jokes obvously at pakistanis but tbh, dont think one persons opinion wil change it. Even the pakistanisis dont react in similar fashion. Im not saying what ur doing is worng, No not at all, just saying ur opinion on this topic with Pakistan wont make a difference as the majority will say the opposite. Im not against you or for you. just saying, Peace:D
I'm not Pakistani nor do I have any relations from that country. But as you are the Site Owner here I hope you are aware that something you've undoubtedly spent hours upon hours working on, trying to promote and grow, and developing into a damn good web site is being used as a platform ... I can't tell you what to do with your own site, but if I had my way racist as well as abusive posts would be moderated along with their users.
Thank you for your comments, and I was made to perceive you as a Pakistani ( which bears no effect to whats happening ) but we are generally biased towards Indians ( apart from politics section where its a diff ball game ) as u know this is an Indian site but I can't accept dsr's post above, especially when someone gives back In future, try to report the post so that we can deal with it immediately
chill fontaine. I know there are alot of jokes obvously at pakistanis but tbh, dont think one persons opinion wil change it. Even the pakistanisis dont react in similar fashion. Im not saying what ur doing is worng, No not at all, just saying ur opinion on this topic with Pakistan wont make a difference as the majority will say the opposite. Im not against you or for you. just saying, Peace:D
I understand. Like you, I'm not naive enough to expect change but I'm still going to calls it like I sees it! I was brought up to be accountable for my words and actions and likewise for me if I act like a fool (like dsr) around here I expect to be treated like one. :two_thumbs_up:
Thank you for your comments, and I was made to perceive you as a Pakistani ( which bears no effect to whats happening ) but we are generally biased towards Indians ( apart from politics section where its a diff ball game ) as u know this is an Indian site but I can't accept dsr's post above, especially when someone gives back In future, try to report the post so that we can deal with it immediately
Fair enough. For what it's worth though, I really, really, try not to report posts as it creates extra work for the mods. I prefer to call it out in a discussion and have before leading to some healthy debate with others like My_Two_Cents, Dhondy, Gambit, pjilka (posters who I respect very much), but in some cases it doesn't work or matter with others like dsr who're too opinionated to even see what they're doing. :haha:

What a load of crap - re: Pakistan. What terrorism are you talking about here? Are we talking about, individual terrorism, people blowing themselves up, or are we talking about state-sanctioned terrorism, vis-a-vis the US-ENG-AUS in Iraq and Afghanistan. The difference between the two is what? One is a response to aggresion, and the other is a drive to control natural resources. Who is in the wrong? BOTH. Terrorism breeds terrorism. Please dont sit here and tell me that Pakistan is an unsafe country, because I will tell you something. Being black and going to France/Russia is dangerous - they have the highest neo-Nazi skinhead following in the world. My point? Danger exists everywhere. ****, who would want to go to the US right now? They been killing people for years through use of state-sanctioned terrorism. What a load of bullshit. It doesnt suprise me that Aussie dont wanna go to Pakistan. Anyone who's been to Australia all know what a pack of rednecks they are. Look at their policy against the indigenous people of that country. While I am on a rant, I will say one thing. ENG refusal to go to Zimbabwe because of Mugabe. Ok, valid. But should people who live in glass-houses throw stones? Their own ENG govt. is involved in an illegal war in Irag and Afghanistan. Typical white double standards. Always quick to talk about democracy and saftey, but fail to look internally at their own govt policies. By the way, if you were thinking, I am not Pakistani - I am a Maori boy from New Zealand.

What a load of crap - re: Pakistan. What terrorism are you talking about here? Are we talking about, individual terrorism, people blowing themselves up, or are we talking about state-sanctioned terrorism, vis-a-vis the US-ENG-AUS in Iraq and Afghanistan. The difference between the two is what? One is a response to aggresion, and the other is a drive to control natural resources. Who is in the wrong? BOTH. Terrorism breeds terrorism. Please dont sit here and tell me that Pakistan is an unsafe country, because I will tell you something. Being black and going to France/Russia is dangerous - they have the highest neo-Nazi skinhead following in the world. My point? Danger exists everywhere. ****, who would want to go to the US right now? They been killing people for years through use of state-sanctioned terrorism. What a load of bullshit. It doesnt suprise me that Aussie dont wanna go to Pakistan. Anyone who's been to Australia all know what a pack of rednecks they are. Look at their policy against the indigenous people of that country. While I am on a rant, I will say one thing. ENG refusal to go to Zimbabwe because of Mugabe. Ok, valid. But should people who live in glass-houses throw stones? Their own ENG govt. is involved in an illegal war in Irag and Afghanistan. Typical white double standards. Always quick to talk about democracy and saftey, but fail to look internally at their own govt policies. By the way, if you were thinking, I am not Pakistani - I am a Maori boy from New Zealand.
At least half the posters on this website, by a super conservative estimate, are there. :hatsoff:

my take on aussies not going to pakistan for the last 10 yrs or so is purely double standards (in the same period they've visited India atleast 5 times - 3 test series, 1 ODI only series and the Champs Trophy) the reason they have been coming to india is cos, if they do anything close to saying india is not a safe country, automatically they becum anti-india protogonists and the chain reaction to that would be no endorsement deals from indian companies and no offers from IPL franchisees. Why would any 10th grade aussie who knows how to count wud do sumthing like tat? the prime example is shane warne's stand during the jaipur blasts... had warney been touring india as part of the aussie squad, he along with the rest of the squad would hve packed their bags and landed in melbourne airport, even before the smoke from the blasts were cleared. Why dint he go? Reason nis obvious - if he went home after the jaipur blasts, ther eis no need to guess that the people of jaipur who had touted their Rajastan Royal captain would just snub him and he wouldn't be returning to take part in the subsequent editions of the IPL. Why just Warney... and the Australians... even the English... If you observe the India vs England test series in India during the 80s and 90s and the no. of drop outs from the England squad just before an Indian tour, you can safely conclude that Englishmen were not comfortable travelling to India and getting beaten on the flat tracks. They used to raise so much concern about the dust and pollution in the Indian cities, the hotels, the travel to venues that did not have an airport then... And look what they were upto when the IPL was in full swing and they could not play in it. Some of them went to the extent of defecting their own country'snational team in order to play in IPL. India is still unclean to a large extent, even 5 start hotels in india are still way behind their western counterparts and roads are pretty bad.. But the difference is, playing India today means million dollars... So, I just cant digest when the Aussies and English and the SAfricans gang up together to avoid touring countries that are not lucrative financially... Tomorrow if there is a serial blast in Delhi or Kolkatta (touch wood it shud not happen), and if the BCCI invites an all stars xi made of players from aus, eng, sa to play against an indian xi to show solidarity, the ricky pontings and kevin petersons and greame smiths wil be the first ones to kiss ass of the bcci and the numerous marketing companies in india..

One more point - Before 1997-98, Australia's previous full test tour was in 1987. This was a period when India was not a fav. destination in terms of financial opportunity that comes with touring.
It is not right to put Australia and England in the same basket re. touring India. BCCI and ACB had some serious disputes from the mid-80s eighties which were sorted out only in the late 1990s. But you would find hardly an Australian cricketer who dropped out just because the tour was to India, unlike the England cricketers.
It is not right to put Australia and England in the same basket re. touring India. BCCI and ACB had some serious disputes from the mid-80s eighties which were sorted out only in the late 1990s. But you would find hardly an Australian cricketer who dropped out just because the tour was to India' date=' unlike the England cricketers.[/quote'] What is the serious disputes between BCCI and ACB that yo're talkin' abt? Why would a country not visit another test playing nation for 10 yrs and then suddenly when the financial opportunities are more, make 5 visits within the 10 years? (this years' tour will make it 6) Why is Australia not visiting SL or Bangladesh for that matter, with whom it has a good relationship.. huh?