ODI Idea Cup in SL : Views and Review

ODI Idea Cup in SL : Views and Review  

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

I understand Pathan hasnt been playing well, but considering this is a bit of a batting pitch ... Picking part-timers is a big risk. Id probably have picked Irfan and bat him at no.7. At least his batting is still pretty good, and as a bowler he is less risky than Raina, Yuvi, Sharma or Badri.

I understand Pathan hasnt been playing well' date=' but considering this is a bit of a batting pitch ... Picking part-timers is a big risk. Id probably have picked Irfan and bat him at no.7. At least his batting is still pretty good, and as a bowler he is less risky than Raina, Yuvi, Sharma or Badri.[/quote'] Having Irfan is as good playing one bowler less. He is harmless on helpful pitches, what can he do on a batting wicket?

Would u rather Irfan bowl , or would you trust Raina, Yuvi, Sharma and Badri to bowl 10 overs ... thats assuming your mainstream bowlers dont get caned enough to bowl out their 10 overs (in which case, guys like Yuvi and Sharma may have to bowl 5 or 6 overs ... on a batting wicket). Huge risk IMO. Irfan is at least a recognised bowler.

The thing is ... if your batsman are struggling ... then the key is not to pick more batsman. 6 batsmen and an allrounder should be enough. Besides, Pathan was only given 1 game this series and bowled 7 overs for 35/0 , and 5 overs for 21/1 ... I dont think the part timers can do that.