B-G Trophy 2008 : Build-up

Kartikey

Somehow, I seem to get the impression that this time around, the aussies appear in a more concilliatory tone, more than ever before. Hayden has talked about how HE's going to be the target, contrary to normal practice when the aussies routiinely talk about targetting opposition players. Ponting didnt sound his usual dismissive self in the press conference. Without Warne, Gilly and McGrath, I think even the Aussies arent sure on what to expect.

Somehow, I seem to get the impression that this time around, the aussies appear in a more concilliatory tone, more than ever before. Hayden has talked about how HE's going to be the target, contrary to normal practice when the aussies routiinely talk about targetting opposition players. Ponting didnt sound his usual dismissive self in the press conference. Without Warne, Gilly and McGrath, I think even the Aussies arent sure on what to expect.
still u cant except them to give up easily. they will fight till da end.

Australian side low on experience: Kumble Twice they let Australia off the hook in recent past but India's Test captain Anil Kumble hopes to buck the trend this time. More... Australian side low on experience: Kumble Agencies Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 1924 hrs IST Vadodara, September 23:: Twice they let Australia off the hook in recent past but India's Test captain Anil Kumble hopes to buck the trend this time with the potent cocktail of skill and experience in the ranks. Kumble, along with coach Gary Kirsten, was addressing reporters as the Rest of India captain on the eve of the side's Irani Cup tie against Delhi. But almost inevitably, more questions were asked about the four-match Test series against Australia and the veteran spinner too was free and frank with his views. Looking ahead to the series, Kumble rued both in 2004 at home and in 2007 Down Under, India came close to halt the Aussies before wilting in the final stages. But with a relatively inexperience Australian side at disposal, Kumble says it's time to make amends. "Last year, we came close to equal, if not win, the Test series in Australia and in 2004, we lost the Chennai Test on the last day because of rain. But this time I think we have got a brilliant opportunity," Kumble said. "This Australian side is low on experience. I think our vast experience and skill will be our advantage and we have to back it with the right result at the end of the series. All players had adequate rest and the perfect preparation for such a series and we are looking forward to it," Kumble said. Kumble said he was not losing sleep over the middle order, which looked brittle against Sri Lanka.

brahs, could someone explain why these guys have "dots" and flower-thingy? it makes no sense...why would these guys allow it? i can understand during IPL ($$$$$) but not during this tour.....i've seen it in the past too. but it makes me LUL, so it serves atleast one purpose....

our ZIP fast bowlers would dominate. don't worry Dravid....
yea about that, they have pacers tooo... likes of lee etc... so y even screw around? they have no good spinner.. we do.. their bats play pace better then spin, esp. with roy out.. ours play regular spin better (not bogeyman spin :D) then pace.. so...

We need to begin well. We tend to be slow starters. But this time, there's no time for neutral - first gear - cruise. We've gotto go the neutral - first gear - full thottle. Australia's lack of an established spinner may prove to be the difference between the two sides.