Its early days, but Pietersen seems just the captain England need

What a joke English cricket is. The hype before the South Africa series was all about setting up the England team to win this series and then use it as a platform to gauge their progress in attaining the ashes next year. Now they're a wicket keeper, bowler, opening batsmen, number 6 and Captain short! lol

Gonna be watching Sky Sports News who better show it. This is pathetic, atleast let the series finish, but i guess its pretty interesting. They haven't actually got any candidates: KP = Most likely, but his ego will be too big for the team.........England could have won the last match if he hadnt tried to slog. Really talented player, but he needs to be left alone, just let him bat or England will lose their only world class player. Strauss = This guy should have been captain on their last Ashes tour, but it wasnt meant to be. Im not so sure about Strauss now...i mean he's not getting big scores, he is getting starts but he's not converting them. Collingwood = Ya, i know he just scored a century but Test Captain, i dont think so. Flintoff = He will be a disaster, believe me. I cant think of anyone else who would be in the running. My opinion like it has been over the last 2 years or so, is that they should bring Mark Ramprakash back and make him captain.

What a joke English cricket is. The hype before the South Africa series was all about setting up the England team to win this series and then use it as a platform to gauge their progress in attaining the ashes next year. Now they're a wicket keeper, bowler, opening batsmen, number 6 and Captain short! lol
they will get butchered by the Aussies...

Vaughan & Collingwood give up captaincy

Michael Vaughan has resigned as England captain following the series defeat against South Africa, which was sealed by the five-wicket loss at Edgbaston on Saturday. The decision was announced during a hastily arranged press conference at Loughborough even though yesterday evening Vaughan said he "would let the dust" settle on the defeat. Paul Collingwood has also stood down as one-day captain, meaning that England will announce a new captain for both forms of the game on Monday. The frontrunner is Kevin Pietersen, who is a fixture in both teams. Collingwood is currently serving a four-match suspension for a slow over-rate.
Bloody Kevin will be named Captain ...

I guess KP will become the captain as he is the only common player in the test and ODI who has a guaranteed spot for next 1 year .. Strauss is not consistent , Flintoff is injured , collingwood can barely bat these days , Cook is not experienced .. so who else If I was the selector , I would pick freddie

Who is VC of the current test team? KP? I thought it was Strauss.
I dont think they have a specific vice captain. Its definitely not Strauss. He only just made his return back in March. KP took over the one day team after Collingwood was banned so i guess its him.
I dont think they have a specific vice captain. Its definitely not Strauss. He only just made his return back in March. KP took over the one day team after Collingwood was banned so i guess its him.
But yesterday, on day 4 of the 3rd test, when Vaughan was out of the field, it was Strauss who was leading the side temporarily.
I guess KP will become the captain as he is the only common player in the test and ODI who has a guaranteed spot for next 1 year .. Strauss is not consistent , Flintoff is injured , collingwood can barely bat these days , Cook is not experienced .. so who else If I was the selector , I would pick freddie
Bad choice, Flintoff has too many problems on his plate. He would not make a good permanent captain. An example is during the last Ashes series when he turned up drunk for a practise session as captain. Then there was the issue of him capsizing a boat at the World Cup, that as vice captain. Ya i know he led England to a famous victory at the Wankhede but that was just one match.